Daniel Kilgore re-signed

NcFinest9erFan

1 hour ago, mw2noobbuster said:

He's been hurt. Let's see if he can play better if he can stay healthy. 

I feel like when a guy is entering his 8th season in the league, this is not a thing to say that makes anyone feel comfortable LOL

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Its pretty amazing what Jimmy G did for the offensive line. Laken Tomlinson actually ended up rated an "average" guard for the year by the end of the season, same for Fusco. 

I mentioned in the Tom Brady thread that the OL all of a sudden went from one of the absolute worst in the league to decent once he took over. Doesn't mean they are as good as they looked with him, but his quick release makes everyone look better. Same with Tom Brady. We could get by with these below average players, but need an upgrade to have a consistent run attack and keep Jimmy G upright against good front 7s. 

30 minutes ago, sherm said:

As long as we upgrade the OG spots I can live with this signing. 

Absolutely...but the guard spots are a requirement. Unfortunately, I think that Garnett is going to be penciled in at one spot, which makes me think that we are only going to upgrade one guard spot, and Garnett is complete unknown as a player (his rookie season was less than inspiring) and in this scheme (and furthermore, in this "body"). Tomlinson is still under contract, so he would be fine as a back up without needing to re-sign Fusco. We will need a tackle though. Magnunson probably has the inside track on the other offensive line spot given his versatility. 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Not bad. Looks like middle-of-the-pack starting C money, these days.

Keeping a decent C at unremarkable cost, and I'd bet they can walk away easy after 2 more seasons. 

It almost looks as though Kilgore knows is not that good himself, but he got 4m per on the sole basis of having been a multi year starter. He's probably a lock to start at C this year, but I wouldn't give up on finding him a replacement. I wouldn't mind replacing him next year and then keeping him as a back-up. We can afford that luxury for the moment, and I'd feel better having a guy with his experience come in during a fourth quarter with the game on the line than a fresh rookie.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

It almost looks as though Kilgore knows is not that good himself, but he got 4m per on the sole basis of having been a multi year starter. He's probably a lock to start at C this year, but I wouldn't give up on finding him a replacement. I wouldn't mind replacing him next year and then keeping him as a back-up. We can afford that luxury for the moment, and I'd feel better having a guy with his experience come in during a fourth quarter with the game on the line than a fresh rookie.

Yeah, well said. All of it, agree. 

27 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Is Daniel Kilgore the last man standing in the NFL that was on that 2007 Appalachian State team that upset Michigan? 

Yes, so far as I know, but there wasn't really a ton of NFL players on that roster. A few got cup of coffee tryouts, but the only ones I know of who got multiple years were Edwards and Dexter Jackson

Archived