Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

He does seem to enjoy the challenge of trying to say the difficult names right

I dunno.  After the shade he caught for Marioto, Tuipoloto may be asking a lot of him.

Getting realer and realer...

Appearing on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, ESPN's Adam Schefter said he believes the Odell Beckham trade talk to be "very real, absolutely real."

Continuing, Schefter said his "personal guess" is Beckham gets traded based on information he's received and reading between the lines, with this month's draft being the "artificial deadline." Any team trading for Beckham is going to not only have to give up high-end draft picks, but they will also have to compensate Beckham on a long-term deal at what will likely be $17-19 million per year. The draft kicks off in 25 days, so buckle in for more of this story in the coming weeks.

14 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Getting realer and realer...

Appearing on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, ESPN's Adam Schefter said he believes the Odell Beckham trade talk to be "very real, absolutely real."

Continuing, Schefter said his "personal guess" is Beckham gets traded based on information he's received and reading between the lines, with this month's draft being the "artificial deadline." Any team trading for Beckham is going to not only have to give up high-end draft picks, but they will also have to compensate Beckham on a long-term deal at what will likely be $17-19 million per year. The draft kicks off in 25 days, so buckle in for more of this story in the coming weeks.

“Personal guess”. Alrighty then.

Rams give up #23 this year and our two compensatory 3rds next year + Tavon Austin if they want him. That's my guess. Giants will need to know who falls to #2 first before they decide if they trade Beckham IMO. If Darnold falls, they stay put and take him and keep ODB. If Darnold is gone, I think they trade out of 2 and the full rebuild is on. Then ODB is more likely to get dealt. Just my guess.

28 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Rams give up #23 this year and our two compensatory 3rds next year + Tavon Austin if they want him. That's my guess. Giants will need to know who falls to #2 first before they decide if they trade Beckham IMO. If Darnold falls, they stay put and take him and keep ODB. If Darnold is gone, I think they trade out of 2 and the full rebuild is on. Then ODB is more likely to get dealt. Just my guess.

You can't trade next year's compensatory picks if you don't have them yet.

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

You can't trade next year's compensatory picks if you don't have them yet.

Rams did it in the trade up for Goff. They put the stipulation that if the didn’t get the comp pick it became our regular 3rd rounder. Trading two would of course take different contingencies but they can b traded before being awarded.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

One of the compensatory picks would be for Watkins, but the other? 

I'm also assuming that you're going off the mindset that 1 year deals aren't counted towards compensatory selections.

Trumaine Johnson will yield a 3rd round compensatory pick as well. Suh was cut so he will not count against our comp picks.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

One of the compensatory picks would be for Watkins, but the other? 

I'm also assuming that you're going off the mindset that 1 year deals aren't counted towards compensatory selections.

Suh was cut.  Cut players don't count in the compensatory formula; it's only players who were out-and-out free agents at the onset of the new season.

Watkins' and Trumaine's contracts should both qualify to return 3rd round comp's.

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Trumaine Johnson will yield a compensatory pick as well. Suh was cut so he will not count against our comp picks.

Hmm, now I'm left scratching my head as to why the Jets gave Johnson that large of a deal, honestly I hadn't heard of that contract up until now. Wish him the best of luck but he seems seriously overpaid to me. By a good margin.

Archived