Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

8 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I just cannot wrap my head around drafting an OG in the top ten. To me, the value of an all-pro CB is higher than an all-pro OG. Besides that, we could trade up from 33, with a 4th round pick, and take Will Hernandez at the tail-end of the first. Hell, Im opposed to top 10 RBs, but Id easily rather see that than OG. 

If you draft him that high, it’s to be you LT after Thomas retires imo.

I think he could be the next Bruce Matthews or Larry Allen, a guy who can be a pro bowl player all across the line.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you draft him that high, it’s to be you LT after Thomas retires imo.

I think he could be the next Bruce Matthews or Larry Allen, a guy who can be a pro bowl player all across the line.

That, and also just the incredible benefit it would give to Darnold (or whoever). You stem that interior pressure for a young QB and open up a consistent run game, it would be a massive help and ensure you're giving him a good platform to not get off to a bad start, which often crippled rookie passers before they have time to develop organically.

I realize we are doing OK at DT, but Jesus Christ Vita Vea is an absolute monster.

I wouldn’t be mad if we move down a few spots and snag him.  He’s a Ngata clone at this point, both on the field and physically.

6’4”  347lbs running a 5.11 with 41 reps ? 

14 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Watched an interview where Dorsey said he was at the USC vs Ohio State game and he was gushing over the Ohio State defenses speed.

Got a feeling he might target Ward in a trade down, or Hubbard in the second. I'd be cool with that.

IIRC Hubbard played heavy this past year? He looked sluggish. I feel like he’s going to come into his pro day and run a decent time. He’s not the speed guy on OSU’s D, though.

30 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Watched an interview where Dorsey said he was at the USC vs Ohio State game and he was gushing over the Ohio State defenses speed.

Got a feeling he might target Ward in a trade down, or Hubbard in the second. I'd be cool with that.

Maybe Ward not Hubbard though

its alot of other speed on OSU Jerome baker, Bosa, Chase Harris

I kind of want Marcus Davenport, but realize that we won't be in a position to get him. He's going to be a top 10 DE in a short time. Chubb is overrated as is Arden Key. Chubb is going to be a consistently good player, but Davenport is going to be in the elite category. Arden Key is too risky off the field and didn't perform well enough on the field to make me want to gamble on him.

The problem with Davenport is that if we do trade down, I want to get Derwin James way before him. I'd trade all of our picks in this draft and a few next year if we could come away with

Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen QB

Saquon Barkley RB

Marcus Davenport DE

Derwin James FS

man what  a draft to be as loaded as be are 

this is going to be the best second round in some years

Nick Chubb too man he looked good

I think he and Royce Freeman would be the best compliments in this draft to Duke who can still be every down backs

I wouldnt take either till pick 65 I havent heard anything bad about Chubb's knee so thats good though 

Assuming we draft a QB at 1 number 4th over, becomes the most dynamic pick in the draft. 

We have many good and high end options at 4. We will be able to draft one potential great player Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, Vea, Fitzpatrick. 

We could also trade down.

We shouldn't be ale to stuff up this draft. 

Archived