Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

18 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I'm not wholesale disagreeing with your assessment of the line but to just say that it's great is kind of false. You never know. But let's just call that our strength. 

Gordon hasn't done anything to suggest he is back. Blaming it on the QB is fine and dandy but that doesn't take away from the fact that he hasn't been relevant for three years. Coleman is often injured and inconsistent. He's fast, sure. But he got outplayed by Higgins last year and that's garbage. Njoku I like but he has feet for hands, he was a huge liability this year so to say he has potential to be a stud is sugar coating it. He has physical tools but he hasn't translated it to the field in any type of assuring way. 

McCarron has never started before. People are trying to make him out to be the next Garappolo. He would immediately become overpaid if we signed him. I just don't see him as much more than a spot starter. I think Bradford would be the best of the bunch but he has a long injury history and can't be counted on. 

So to me, in about 6 months, we're gonna have an inconsistent WR corps, probably a rookie QB or Kizer on the field, and potentially Barkley. Hard to be super optimistic that goes smoothly. 

gordon woulda been on pace for 1072 yards, 3 TD 18 YPC without 2 years of practice and a training camp.  the quarterback sucked also.  

I think Barkley will be fantastic but it really doesn't bother me if we don't get him.

Rashaad Penny is awesome too. 5'11, 220, 4.46 and played for the school I went to... count me in. Derrius Guice is icy cool. A violent runner with 4.49 quicks. He won't be there by 33 though I believe. Ronald Jones is a different sort of cat than the others, at only 205 but he's got home run ability.

Darnold at 1.

Trade down from 4 for a QB haul. Let's envision it's to the Jets so they can jump the Broncos.

Nelson at 6.

Take the best remaining player (corner?) at 33.

Guice/Penny at 35.

and so on.

Plus 2019 1st, 2018 2nd etc from the Jets deal.

3 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

I'm not wholesale disagreeing with your assessment of the line but to just say that it's great is kind of false. You never know. But let's just call that our strength. 

The OL is not great.

32 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I think Barkley will be fantastic but it really doesn't bother me if we don't get him.

Rashaad Penny is awesome too. 5'11, 220, 4.46 and played for the school I went to... count me in. Derrius Guice is icy cool. A violent runner with 4.49 quicks. He won't be there by 33 though I believe. Ronald Jones is a different sort of cat than the others, at only 205 but he's got home run ability.

Darnold at 1.

Trade down from 4 for a QB haul. Let's envision it's to the Jets so they can jump the Broncos.

Nelson at 6.

Guice/Penny at 35.

and so on.

I would like this a lot.

Might be too rich for the Jets, though.

27 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The OL is not great.

This is where I'm at. LT is gonna be a huge ? going forward. Center is average. We have two really good guards one of whom has been injured in consecutive years. And a prospect at RT. I would call it average but people say it's our strength. And sadly it probably is. 

Just now, carl_sjunior said:

This is where I'm at. LT is gonna be a huge ? going forward. Center is average. We have two really good guards one of whom has been injured in consecutive years. And a prospect at RT. I would call it average but people say it's our strength. And sadly it probably is. 

The closest thing to strength that we have now is the DL, the LBs and the front 7 overall.

If we can get a rb in the second round then I’d like that Notre dame guard at 4/5/6 if we could trade down a spot or two.

assuming we get a vet and rookie fa our weakest position grou p is corner. It doesn’t sound like there is a guy available in the draft to solve that problem. 

I hope we draft/sign/trade four dBs

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we can get a rb in the second round then I’d like that Notre dame guard at 4/5/6 if we could trade down a spot or two.

assuming we get a vet and rookie fa our weakest position grou p is corner. It doesn’t sound like there is a guy available in the draft to solve that problem. 

I hope we draft/sign/trade four dBs

Dorsey has done ok with DBs.

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Darnold at 1.

Nelson at 6.

Guice/Penny at 35.

and so on.

I just cannot wrap my head around drafting an OG in the top ten. To me, the value of an all-pro CB is higher than an all-pro OG. Besides that, we could trade up from 33, with a 4th round pick, and take Will Hernandez at the tail-end of the first. Hell, Im opposed to top 10 RBs, but Id easily rather see that than OG. 

6 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I just cannot wrap my head around drafting an OG in the top ten. To me, the value of an all-pro CB is higher than an all-pro OG. Besides that, we could trade up from 33, with a 4th round pick, and take Will Hernandez at the tail-end of the first. Hell, Im opposed to top 10 RBs, but Id easily rather see that than OG. 

They think Nelson is a swing T/G so I’m guessing he has this high because he can possibly be our LT. Mayock mentioned that yesterday 

Archived