Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

We’d basically be giving up 4 and 35 for 12, 22 and a 2019 1st.

Correct.

I wouldn’t hate it because the Bills 2019 1st should be gold, but it feels a bit unnecessary to be honest. Especially if the Bills end up having a solid season. Then the value is warped and we potentially just traded:

4 - Chubb

I'm not as high on him as most personally.

35 - Guice

I don't see any way that he lasts until pick #35, but I could be wrong. Plus, we could still get him at #22 or use #12 as ammo to trade up and get someone like Denzel Ward or Minkah Fitzpatrick.

for 12, 22 and a next year pick that could be anything.

We could use these picks as ammunition as well. See above.

I don’t think we need to do this. I’d rather just sit at 4 and trade away Josh Rosen for a haul (or just pick Chubb/Barkley), whilst keeping 35.

I get that, but I feel like at some point we are going to reach the saturation point with a bunch of mid round picks, and I'd rather use the ammo to move back into the 1st and then trade for additional firsts, but that's just me.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

You don’t think a 20 year has a decent shot at being able to throw a football better in five years?

Rodgers, Brady and many more would disagree.

20 is a baby. Give anyone another few years of physical development in a professional setting and they have every chance of getting bigger and stronger.

I bet Mayfield would say he’s physically better now at 23 than he was at 20 if you asked him.

Anything is possible, Darnold is 2 years a month and some change younger, much much closer to 2 years difference than 3 but we always hear 3. You will be a better passer with time and understanding I don't think you are going to throw the ball with more zip or further unless you make a throwing adjustment if so it will be minimal.  I don't think we want any QB doing the Brady Quinn strengthening, it made his arm much weaker with his bulking up.

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Anything is possible, Darnold is 2 years a month and some change younger, much much closer to 2 years difference than 3 but we always hear 3. You will be a better passer with time and understanding I don't think you are going to throw the ball with more zip or further unless you make a throwing adjustment if so it will be minimal.  I don't think we want any QB doing the Brady Quinn strengthening, it made his arm much weaker with his bulking up.

Definitely. I think Brady Quinn was addicted to lifting. It got to a point where he couldn’t throw the ball properly because his bicep got in the way.

Also just for the record, I’ve come to terms with us taking Chubb.

we haven’t signed another pass rusher, there’s very few pass rushers in the draft. There’s a lot of RBs in the draft. Just seems like the logical decision for the FO. 

59 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Also just for the record, I’ve come to terms with us taking Chubb.

we haven’t signed another pass rusher, there’s very few pass rushers in the draft. There’s a lot of RBs in the draft. Just seems like the logical decision for the FO. 

They may be ok with what we have though.

Garrett, Ogbah, Smith, Nassib.  That may be enough for them to look for a developmental guy later.

I like Barkley a lot, so exciting to watch.

But if you could promise me:

Darnold 1

Chubb or trade down at 4

Guice/Penny/Michel at 33 or trade up

I’d rather have that. These are genuine first round quality RBs (i.e. Top 32 players), it’s just the value of the position making them fall.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Definitely. I think Brady Quinn was addicted to lifting. It got to a point where he couldn’t throw the ball properly because his bicep got in the way.

We've all been there...

from overdeveloping our dominant arms looking at Brady Quinn photos online.

46 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I like Barkley a lot, so exciting to watch.

But if you could promise me:

Darnold 1

Chubb or trade down at 4

Guice/Penny/Michel at 33 or trade up

I’d rather have that. These are genuine first round quality RBs (i.e. Top 32 players), it’s just the value of the position making them fall.

I can promise you Chubb and one of the running backs, yes. I'd say the odds on us taking Darnold are 60/30 Baker/10 the other two at this point.

12 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Question: Why do so many people have us taking a DT at back end of round 1 or the top of round 2? Our DT situation is miles better than our pass rush. 

I think it’s a natural response to the fact we just traded away our first round DT this offseason. And the relative inexperience and youth of the corps.

But I agree with you. Larry O is a beast in the making. Brantley was a first/second round talent that fell because of that issue but has shown promise. Coley, Meder are good depth too.

If we get a pass rusher, one of Garrett or Ogbah will kick inside at times as well.

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Question: Why do so many people have us taking a DT at back end of round 1 or the top of round 2? Our DT situation is miles better than our pass rush. 

We brought a number of them in for visits too.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire sorta thing I guess.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We brought a number of them in for visits too.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire sorta thing I guess.

I hope it’s Taven Bryan if we’re looking at first round DTs. I love players with that JJ Watt play style of slashing athleticism through the middle of two linemen.

I think we could trade down to 12 and still get Chubb if we trade back up to 6. Possibly 12,35, Corey Coleman. 

Also. I believe pick 33 is going to be huge for us. If Lamar Jackson falls possibly Jacksonville could trade up. Maybe future 1st and this years 2nd. 

I’d def trade down from 22 that pick is cursed. 

If we can get Chubb this year and get ammunition for next year. I’d trade House for Oliver,Wilkins,Lawerance, or Davis and have the best D line in football 

Archived