#Jaguars LT Branden Albert is retiring.

Farsendor1

Initially, I was obviously making the sabotage posts as a joke. But...could he like legitimately mess things up in practice if the Jags take him back? I mean, if he has no desire to be there, I can't really think of a better way to force the team's hand than to actively ruin plays that you're involved in.

There's obviously the downfall of losing the respect of players, fans, coaches, etc. But if he's legitimately done with the game of football, it's fully possible that simply doesn't matter to him.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Initially, I was obviously making the sabotage posts as a joke. But...could he like legitimately mess things up in practice if the Jags take him back? I mean, if he has no desire to be there, I can't really think of a better way to force the team's hand than to actively ruin plays that you're involved in.

There's obviously the downfall of losing the respect of players, fans, coaches, etc. But if he's legitimately done with the game of football, it's fully possible that simply doesn't matter to him.

I don't think he would actively sabotage anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is unmotivated enough to where he either just goes through the motion or has himself in such poor game condition that he ends up being a liability or benched

Of course, assuming we take him back.

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I don't think he would actively sabotage anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is unmotivated enough to where he either just goes through the motion or has himself in such poor game condition that he ends up being a liability or benched

Of course, assuming we take him back.

Yeah, I know he's not going to legitimately sabotage plays, but if he puts forth little enough effort, it could have a similar effect. I can't imagine him coming back and staying in shape or trying hard enough to earn reps.

Not sure if it's possible, but can they just reach some sort of settlement? He pays back a portion of the signing bonus and the Jags just let him stay home.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20279436/branden-albert-wants-come-back-retirement-play-jacksonville-jaguars

He told the Jacksonville Jaguars that he wants to return to the team, but a league source said the team is unlikely to allow him to do so.

It's funny that now that the sabotage plan becomes a real possibility it seems like Albert has all the leverage. Laughing

Archived