Alshon Played with a Torn Rotator Cuff

ninjapirate

5 hours ago, 808 said:

Alshon is a legend for that! What a G! 

Whatever happened to @MaclinandMCcoy ? Wasn’t he a South Carolina guy and big Alshon fan in college? He must have had a great season as a fan, too. 

I was always a big fan of Alshon in college. Though not a SC guy.

I've always been a huge fan of the Allen Robinson/Alshon Jeffery/Dez Bryant kind of guys that have great control of their body and can take it out of the air with pretty good size. 

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

I was always a big fan of Alshon in college. Though not a SC guy.

I've always been a huge fan of the Allen Robinson/Alshon Jeffery/Dez Bryant kind of guys that have great control of their body and can take it out of the air with pretty good size. 

So glad we ended up with the clear cut best of those three. 

Yeah the fact Alshon intentionally played with a torn rotators cuff apparently for the majority of the season? Makes what he did all that more impressive.

Now. Grant it a large part of his motivation was driven by his contract situation. However the impact he had on this Offense goes far beyond our SB Ring.

Something I'm confident in saying We don't acquire, if he had chosen season ending surgery.

11 hours ago, KellChippy said:

I can’t imagine high pointing a pass with a torn rotator cuff. So many crazy individual storylines this season. 

Pain killers ftw! 

Very true. This team overcame so many obstacles. It’s as if, this magical run was, dare I say it...destiny.

I wanted us to trade for Alshon last year, before the trade deadline. I couldn't believe it when the Bears just let him walked... Imagine if he was a FA right now. 

Major respect for him to play with a Torn Rotator Cuff. Hopefully this season that he is fully healthy, he can take his game to the next step and become an Elite WR.

Major props to Howie too for locking Alshon up like he did.

I mean, the guy was fantastic for most of the season (esp the 2nd half and postseason). He was never a dominant 10 catch 100 yard/game player, but I remember when for like 8 weeks straight he'd go for 5 catches/80 yds/1TD and at least 1 clutch and ridiculous circus catch every game. Damn impressive without even considering the injury.

When he is playing a full season healthy for us in 2018, those morons in NFL Gen/News who were crapping on his deal are going to eat so much crow. 13 million a year for him is looking better and better

Archived