The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

Just now, devils1854 said:

If you have a guy committed and he doesnt sign today, he really isnt committed. Most teams better get their guys signed today. 

Not necessarily true. Some recruits have stated they will wait till NSD to sign with their teammates at their schools. 

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

I'm lost did they actually name him or just say there will be a surprise signing. Your two posts seem to say different things.

So people that I trust online and have been correct about everything Georgia wise this cycle have been saying for a few days that Georgia had a surprise committment coming today that no one was talking about. People that following recruiting knew that Mays. Cox, Salyer, and co were signing today. Those werent surprises.

Joseph said he was a EE and was signing today after his last visit to Georgia. Well, he committed to Bama at the first of the month. It leaked out this morning that he was the guy that was coming to Georgia and signing today, but he pushed everything back to February now.

Newest info is that Kirby is still pushing him to sign today, and he mght be reconsidering and signing this afternoon.

Also, just heard another rumor that Georgia might be stealing another Bama commit this afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

Not necessarily true. Some recruits have stated they will wait till NSD to sign with their teammates at their schools. 

Where it gets tricky for me is guys who are committed to mid tier P5 schools who are late risers and in communication with top schools but no offer yet from the top schools.  Do you hold out or sign?  I don't think the mid tier schools can tell them sign or we are done because they can't replace them with someone equal like a top school could.

1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

More time you wait means the more time someone can get in their ear and get them to change. 

I was just saying for Minnesota to have that done. Years past you'd have a hard time finding 25 players than even wanted to go to Minnesota.

Feel like you can still sign here and partake in the signing day ceremony in February too. Michigan QB commit Kevin Doyle isn't committing today, and says he's still 100% solid, but hard to not think this has something to do with taking Shea (which should have zero impact honestly) and having Milton, but I guess we'll see

Edited by JammerHammer21

15 minutes ago, PAW said:

Biggest recruiting win for Dabo since getting Spiller from Florida.  Basically impossible to get a guy in Ohio State's backyard who they want.

Big win indeed. 

Carman’s just different. He’s that 17-year old that wanted to leave home. Granted, he’s two hours from Columbus, but it’s Buckeye Country all throughout the area. Pretty unheard of. This selection makes me think if not Clemson, he probably would have gone to SC. 

Weird to see the #1 Ohio kid leave the state. UM and Notre Dame occasionally steal Ohio kids OSU wants due to either growing up an UM fan or the catholic connection. 

4 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Interesting recruiting day. 

I feel like Georgia is the big winner this year. That class is nuts.

They definitely are, but I am curious what they are they selling to steal so many kids from Clemson + Alabama. To me, I think the early NSD favors Georgia significantly based on how the year went because if they disappoint in the college football playoff and lose momentum, it is irrelevant because the kids all signed today.

5 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Interesting recruiting day. 

I feel like Georgia is the big winner this year. That class is nuts.

If you think this years class is nuts, wait until 2019. Thats going to be the big year for Georgia. 3 5* already committed with another two almost locked up already.