The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

42 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Lots of Woodbey buzz to FSU

These recruits kill me. They’re committed for a year, visit a school for one day a week ago, and decide they want to go there instead. That would be funny if he goes to FSU, because they hadn’t even offered until a week ago. Seems it’s either FSU/USC for Woodbey. Must see PT as more realistic elsewhere, and reality is setting in at the 12th hour. At least Tyreke Johnson and Josh Proctor are coming. Would have been a nice addition to the class though. 

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

These recruits kill me. They’re committed for a year, visit a school for one day a week ago, and decide they want to go there instead. That would be funny if he goes to FSU, because they hadn’t even offered until a week ago. Seems it’s either FSU/USC for Woodbey. Must see PT as more realistic elsewhere, and reality is setting in at the 12th hour. At least Tyreke Johnson and Josh Proctor are coming. Would have been a nice addition to the class though. 

FSU is his dream school. His idols are Jalen Ramsey and Derwin James. For some reason Jimbo never offered him. Willie did. It was late but there was more than just a visit going on here. USC still might land him cause you never know with these teens.

24 minutes ago, Phire said:

FSU is his dream school. His idols are Jalen Ramsey and Derwin James. For some reason Jimbo never offered him. Willie did. It was late but there was more than just a visit going on here. USC still might land him cause you never know with these teens.

I just wish these kids wouldn’t commit until they’re actually committed. Guess that goes with the territory of dealing with 17 year olds though. OSU was a placeholder for Brenton Cox, Jaiden Woodbey, and Emory Jones. Jones was committed for two years. That’s two years of OSU not getting to recruit any other QBs in the class. That’s the most irritating one. At least with the others, the staff was able to recruit the position. 

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I just wish these kids wouldn’t commit until they’re actually committed. Guess that goes with the territory of dealing with 17 year olds though. OSU was a placeholder for Brenton Cox, Jaiden Woodbey, and Emory Jones. Jones was committed for two years. That’s two years of OSU not getting to recruit any other QBs in the class. That’s the most irritating one. At least with the others, the staff was able to recruit the position. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah but it's the schools who push for the commitment. Urban Meyer knows what he's getting into by getting teenagers to "commit" before there's any actual letter of intent signed. Honestly, until they do, "commitment" is a misnomer and really should be termed something else. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

oh man I hope that's a good sign and not him calling to say he's going elsewhere. We need a QB!!

Apparently UF has already offered another QB last night and is trying to get in contact with him. That's gotta mean something. Also, FSU cooled dramatically on Mike Penix who seems Indiana bound. Just connect the dots, though I won't believe it till it happens. It sounds like Jones is really going back and forth with this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Apparently UF has already offered another QB last night and is trying to get in contact with him. That's gotta mean something. Also, FSU cooled dramatically on Mike Penix who seems Indiana bound. Just connect the dots, though I won't believe it till it happens. It sounds like Jones is really going back and forth with this. 

We offered Holton Ahlers and are pushing hard him - I'm sure EJ doesn't like that.