The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

Tech got a PWO commit from IMG Academy (FL) 3* OLB Case Gatlin. Normally walk ons aren't relevant enough to be mentioned here, but I felt Gatlin was considering he chose to walk on at Tech over full ride offers from Virginia, Colorado, UCF, FAU, New Mexico and others.

Both parents were Tech grads which helps explain this, but still pretty crazy.

https://247sports.com/player/case-gatlin-46039717

Edited by DalCowboyzRule
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 12:17 PM, THE DUKE said:

I think Tyreke Smith is trending towards OSU

Think he's gonna be great.

Sucks he's going to Ohio State...... like can't you let the rest of us get some great pass rushers.

On 12/14/2017 at 12:17 PM, THE DUKE said:

they are holding a spot for Jackson Carmen

My gut says he'll end up a Buckeye, but I think USC is more likely than Clemson to pull off the upset.

My thinking behind that is this.

He said that his visit to USC was the best weekend of his life.

I know recruits often say good things about every school, but this still seemed notable cause he had been on visits to other big schools by this point including OSU.

This was a couple weeks after his first visit.

This was from yesterday before he flew out for his second visit.

The big thing here is he gave USC his last official visit which comes right before the early signing period.

Getting the final word is huge.

Like I said before my gut says the Buckeyes win out.

The close proximity to family, his closer bond with the OSU recruiting class and longer contact with the staff will be tough to overcome.

He did say before the only reason he wasn't committed to the Bucks was that they were in Ohio, so he could decide he wants to move away from home and experience a different area and its obvious he loves L.A./California. Plus, Helton does a good job connecting with recruits and making them feel like they are his sons too which could help ease any concerns the parents have about him going to a school all the way across the country.

So, my verdict is USC has a solid shot at him despite not being the favorites which is just about all we can ask for with a 5* recruit from thousands of miles away.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Think he's gonna be great.

Sucks he's going to Ohio State...... like can't you let the rest of us get some great pass rushers.

My gut says he'll end up a Buckeye, but I think USC is more likely than Clemson to pull off the upset.

My thinking behind that is this.

He said that his visit to USC was the best weekend of his life.

I know recruits often say good things about every school, but this still seemed notable cause he had been on visits to other big schools by this point including OSU.

This was a couple weeks after his first visit.

This was from yesterday before he flew out for his second visit.

The big thing here is he gave USC his last official visit which comes right before the early signing period.

Getting the final word is huge.

Like I said before my gut says the Buckeyes win out.

The close proximity to family, his closer bond with the OSU recruiting class and longer contact with the staff will be tough to overcome.

He did say before the only reason he wasn't committed to the Bucks was that they were in Ohio, so he could decide he wants to move away from home and experience a different area and its obvious he loves L.A./California. Plus, Helton does a good job connecting with recruits and making them feel like they are his sons too which could help ease any concerns the parents have about him going to a school all the way across the country.

So, my verdict is USC has a solid shot at him despite not being the favorites which is just about all we can ask for with a 5* recruit from thousands of miles away.

As far as last word, I believe OSU is doing an in-home with him early in the week. Last visit surely helps SC though. Think they certainly have a better shot then Clemson at this point.

15 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Mullens didn't want him. They might get Emory Jones.

Damn. I really liked Corral from when I first saw his Sophomore highlights. Hope he does good for Ole Miss if that's indeed where he ends up.

And, I know. I saw the crystal balls pour in recently.

Only have watched soime of a game Emory was in that aired on ESPN and he was playing pretty well. 

Thought he was gonna end up at OSU, but maybe he knows Haskins is probably firmly entrenched in the drivers' seat for at least a couple years there.

Carman kinda sucked his senior year. Got fat and lazy. Probably the highest potential OT in the class but if he doesn’t start working harder could also flame out. I still think he ends up at OSU, but if he goes to USC, good for him I guess. He seems like a headache. I’m sure he will probably grow up a couple years into college though.

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Florida can have Jones. Could still be a nice player but has a long ways to go as a passer. If not there, he probably ends up at Bama. At this point though, I’d say UF has a good chance because of their QB room.

I think it's likely he ends up at UF. The opportunity for immediate playing time is going to be big for him. 

• Like 1