The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

11 hours ago, RollEagles said:

@devils1854, I get the feeling this is just the start of a very, very special run for Georgia football. You guys hit a home run with Kirby. You finally have a coach that can lock almost everyone out of Georgia. 

it was an amazing class but we got 5 out of the top 10 in ga and 7 pf the top 20. no one will ever lock down ga, its impossible.

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

it was an amazing class but we got 5 out of the top 10 in ga and 7 pf the top 20. no one will ever lock down ga, its impossible.

Well, also there were two other QBs in the top 10 that we werent taking, and Kirby was looking out of state for a lot for talent. Look to next year. The talent in state is insane, and Kirby will pretty much get what he wants.  Georgia already has the #1 and #3 players. #2 has long been thought of as either a silent/or will be committing soon. #6, 7, and 8 are all thought of as Georgia guys right now, and thats over a year out. Id expect 13-14 of the top 20 to commit to Georgia next year. 

59 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Well, also there were two other QBs in the top 10 that we werent taking, and Kirby was looking out of state for a lot for talent. Look to next year. The talent in state is insane, and Kirby will pretty much get what he wants.  Georgia already has the #1 and #3 players. #2 has long been thought of as either a silent/or will be committing soon. #6, 7, and 8 are all thought of as Georgia guys right now, and thats over a year out. Id expect 13-14 of the top 20 to commit to Georgia next year. 

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. UF, FSU, and Tennessee all have new coaches and will be coming hard.

38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. UF, FSU, and Tennessee all have new coaches and will be coming hard.

I think a lot if it depends on how Georgia performs in the playoffs.  If they win, he is right.  If they don't show up, they'll lose a ton of momentum and kids won't buy into what they are selling as much.  I don't think Georgia would have had as good of a class this year without the new rule (unless they surprise me and win it all), but credit to Kirby for having the best plan to take advantage of the early window.  Getting all of their top guys there the weekend before signing day was a very smart move.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PAW said:

I think a lot if it depends on how Georgia performs in the playoffs.  If they win, he is right.  If they don't show up, they'll lose a ton of momentum and kids won't buy into what they are selling as much.  I don't think Georgia would have had as good of a class this year without the new rule (unless they surprise me and win it all), but credit to Kirby for having the best plan to take advantage of the early window.  Getting all of their top guys there the weekend before signing day was a very smart move.

The playoff results would have no effect on this class. Most of this class has been set for at least a month. Georgia had 6 silent commitments in June that all popped throughout the year. Thats planned. Playoff results might would have mattered to one or two recruits, but you also have to think that if things were the old way and Georgia won the Natty, how many other recruits would it have turned on.