The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

4 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

You guys aren't actually trying to talk yourself into a reality where Tom Herman would leave Austin are you? Because that might get you made fun of. 

Campbell would be the #1 pick but you never know. Ohio State is already pre built for a title. He is still rebuilding at Texas to remove that garbage from strong. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

You guys aren't actually trying to talk yourself into a reality where Tom Herman would leave Austin are you? Because that might get you made fun of. 

I don't think Herman would go anywhere. If there was a place he'd go though, I feel it's be Columbus.

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Only guys that I see possibly flipping at this point are non-Garrett Wilson guys not from the Midwest (like a Harry Miller). Beyond that, I think most impact would be on uncommitted prospects

You look at Miller tho, his main recruiter was Day. If Day does exceptionally well, he stays probably 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You look at Miller tho, his main recruiter was Day. If Day does exceptionally well, he stays probably 

I wish I could say I'm familiar w/ Day but I am not. This is good info and I'm sure it helps. He's going to get some coaching time, the question is "how much?". I hope he makes good use of it lol. Good thing our first game is against a team that..... let's just say they didn't perform well last year lol

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Probably, but Kirby probably goes hard after him with Pittman. No guarantee of a flip, but I just think a guy like Miller (who has apparently been listening to Georgia since this all came to light) is much more likely to flip than a guy in-region.

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think so. Campbell has been a stud of a coach IMO. What he has done with ISU is pretty great. It’s showing with his current class is ranked like 26th right now on 247. 

Campbell isn’t a sexy name out there but the dude is a stud and I think he be a guy who absolutely builds a wall around Ohio and doesn’t let the top guys out. I think he is a coach, that once he gets to a top fight school, his ability are really going to show. Like an urban at Florida. Similar type paths. Both killed it at a Mac school. I’d great things with a mid level program. Also  see a lot of young guys wanting to coach with him as well. Think Alex Grinch stays on staff potentially. Him and Campbell were college teammates at Mount. 

Edited by buno67

9 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Probably, but Kirby probably goes hard after him with Pittman. No guarantee of a flip, but I just think a guy like Miller (who has apparently been listening to Georgia since this all came to light) is much more likely to flip than a guy in-region.

CBaWGCm.gif

9 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I dont think he has any chance to flip. There are rumors about others, but I dont think he will be one. He doesnt want to stay in state. No ties at all. 

Yeah, just seems like UGA posters have been bringing him up a lot. An Alabama insider (poster) was trying to say that Bama's staff was in contact with Hinton, but I don't see that happening at all. Can only imagine he's leaving Michigan if they're bad, and he'd go to a place like Stanford instead.

Edited by JammerHammer21

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

Yeah, just seems like UGA posters have been bringing him up a lot. An Alabama insider (poster) was trying to say that Bama's staff was in contact with Hinton, but I don't see that happening at all. Can only imagine he's leaving Michigan if they're bad, and he'd go to a place like Stanford instead.

Kirby will never give up, and will be as cordial as can be(see Demetris Robinson), but no chance for Georgia.

quote: 
?????????? ???????????? @LoganMBooker 

Per a private conversation I just had with a well-informed and well-known recruiting writer here at Butts-Mehre, fans of #UGA football recruiting need to be ready to celebrate again later tonight. Possibly multiple times... 

1:06 PM · Aug 3, 2018

Cant do the twitter from this computer. Booker is a local guy. Doesnt really break any news, so take it with a grain of salt.

If its true, watch for these names:Nakobi Dean, Nathan Pickering, Lewis Cine, DJ Daniel, and Id give a small chance of Harry Miller just because of how good Pittman is. 

5 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

You think Campbell has that pull? I think Herman would, absolutely. I get that the school is a big part of it but the name of the coach certainly helps also

He certainly has the perception which is a lot

5 hours ago, Texasmade said:

You can't be serious

I don’t think Herman to Columbus is something either side will be after. Dude has a lot to prove as a HC to begin with. Don’t see that one in the picture. Not sure I see a HC change on the horizon, but that’s an unlikely scenario if that were to happen.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1