The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

8 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Fair enough.

Chad Morris is doing a hell of a job recruiting for how terrible the on-field product looks.

You know, the more I follow recruiting the interesting thing is it doesn’t seem like there is that much of a correlation between winning and recruiting well (at least for the non blue blood teams who don’t get a top 10 class every year).

Petrino finished 16th in recruiting coming off of a 5-7 year here and then didn’t have a very good class coming off of a Sugar Bowl appearance. Doesn’t make sense to me but fans put more importance on that than recruits do IMO. 

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

When I first started following recruiting a long time ago I used to think star ratings matter.  Its overrated.  You still have to coach the players. Thats why different sites have different ratings on a prospect.  Ratings dont mean anything until they actually play on the field.

Coaching will always be more important than recruiting. But both are important.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WPS said:

You know, the more I follow recruiting the interesting thing is it doesn’t seem like there is that much of a correlation between winning and recruiting well (at least for the non blue blood teams who don’t get a top 10 class every year).

Petrino finished 16th in recruiting coming off of a 5-7 year here and then didn’t have a very good class coming off of a Sugar Bowl appearance. Doesn’t make sense to me but fans put more importance on that than recruits do IMO. 

Winning typically helps the following recruiting class class the most not the current class.

This is just a rumor, but the rumor I'm seeing on UGA sites is that Justin Fields is unhappy and is advising recruits to go elsewhere. Some of the UGA fans seem to believe that Nolan Smith is the next domino to fall. Like I said, it's just a rumor that might be completely baseless.

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

This is just a rumor, but the rumor I'm seeing on UGA sites is that Justin Fields is unhappy and is advising recruits to go elsewhere. Some of the UGA fans seem to believe that Nolan Smith is the next domino to fall. Like I said, it's just a rumor that might be completely baseless.

When you promise every recruit a starting spot, it isn’t going to end well. Smith probably ends up at Bama. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PAW said:

When you promise every recruit a starting spot, it isn’t going to end well. Smith probably ends up at Bama. 

That's what I was seeing too (w/r/t Smith). I'm surprised they were doing that (promising starting jobs) and shocked recruits were believing it.

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's what I was seeing too (w/r/t Smith). I'm surprised they were doing that (promising starting jobs) and shocked recruits were believing it.

Bama be like, sit your *** down for 3 years until you are a grown man but you get a few rings and a car.