The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

10 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Sanders tweet means nothing. Him and Nolan troll on twitter all the time. Thats where the main rumors have come from the past year about Smith leaving Georgia, when he has been 100% solid for over a year. Im going off Georgia and even national guys saying that Georgia has moved the needle when it comes to Sanders. Im not saying Georgia will get him, but I think its up to a punchers chance, and if you look at visits, Bama has been looking at other RBs. That could mean something. It might not

Georgia has been in it a lot more with the two tackles more than crystal balls or whatever indicates. Both have been a priority for a while, and all Im saying is that I dont count out Sam Pittman in any recruiting battle. He is the best in the business.

Wording was probably a bit too suggestive, but I do believe Georgia will end up with 7 5* at the end of all of this.

I've seen some UGA people saying he's a silent, but the top UF insider says that isn't true. The UF insiders are expressing a lot of optimism with Trey. We have the last visit before the dead period. The top UF insider who is usually very cautious and had been saying that while we had a shot, it was unlikely for a good while is changing tune quite a bit right now. He's expressing optimism and has implied that if the visit goes well, we have a very real chance of landing him. It helps that his brother and mother are pushing UF.

34 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I mean I'm not saying it's impossible, but saying "great" chance is a bit much. Especially if you are counting on one those two tackles. I haven't heard anything about them really thinking of UGA other than Neal being there for an official visit. To simply suggest they have a great chance at one because of Pittman is stretching it.

I think people are making too big a deal about Sanders reply tweet to Smith. It seemed more just like a friend and teammate having fun. As for Williams I don't think that is about replacing Sanders. And he is also doing an official to UGA in the coming days. He has been a guy coming on of late and I think both are doing due dilligence either for a preferred walk on spot or a grey shirt.

I don't think Williams is a greyshirt or a preferred walk-on. He's come on strong this year, and a lot of people are excited about his potential. A couple of UF insiders (but not the top guy) have opined that UGA and Bama are looking into Williams because Sanders is trending towards UF. I guess we'll find out soon.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I've seen some UGA people saying he's a silent, but the top UF insider says that isn't true. The UF insiders are expressing a lot of optimism with Trey. We have the last visit before the dead period. The top UF insider who is usually very cautious and had been saying that while we had a shot, it was unlikely for a good while is changing tune quite a bit right now. He's expressing optimism and has implied that if the visit goes well, we have a very real chance of landing him. It helps that his brother and mother are pushing UF.

If anyone says they know where Sanders is going right now is fooling themselves. 

It wouldnt hurt if Georgia missed out on him since we already have a 4* committed, and should be in play for both of the great backs next year(both are better than anyone this year), but he would get the opportunity for a lot of touches next season. Holyfield probably declares for the draft and Herrien is going to leave to somewhere where he can get more touches, and that will leave Swift(great), Cook(dont think he is going to be great running the ball/should be a slot guy), and White(who is coming off ACL surgery). 

4 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

If anyone says they know where Sanders is going right now is fooling themselves. 

It wouldnt hurt if Georgia missed out on him since we already have a 4* committed, and should be in play for both of the great backs next year(both are better than anyone this year), but he would get the opportunity for a lot of touches next season. Holyfield probably declares for the draft and Herrien is going to leave to somewhere where he can get more touches, and that will leave Swift(great), Cook(dont think he is going to be great running the ball/should be a slot guy), and White(who is coming off ACL surgery). 

I don't think anyone knows, but UF has three big things that are giving our people some confidence: 1) last visit, 2) Mom, and 3) Umstead. But that doesn't guarantee anything. It could be any of the three schools. Hell, I've heard Texas thinks it has a chance with him too.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think anyone knows, but UF has three big things that are giving our people some confidence: 1) last visit, 2) Mom, and 3) Umstead. But that doesn't guarantee anything. It could be any of the three schools. Hell, I've heard Texas thinks it has a chance with him too.

Momma/family could definitely be the biggest factor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Take it for what its worth, but Trent Smallwood from Rivals has CBd Sanders to Georgia. He is 42 for 42 in the past two cycles on Georgia recruits, and the guy I trust has now put Sanders in his class predictions. 

I'll let you know Sunday what our people are saying after the visit.

1 hour ago, romo2bryant said:

Two SEC fans fighting over a HB that ends up in the big12. Crazy 

While nothing is impossible in recruiting, I haven't heard any smoke from UF, UGA, or Bama insiders that Sanders is going to Texas.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'll let you know Sunday what our people are saying after the visit.

While nothing is impossible in recruiting, I haven't heard any smoke from UF, UGA, or Bama insiders that Sanders is going to Texas.

Through some Texas boards. Apparently the longhorns are running second. To I think Georgia? The new rumour is treys dad is mad at Bama.

25 minutes ago, romo2bryant said:

Through some Texas boards. Apparently the longhorns are running second. To I think Georgia? The new rumour is treys dad is mad at Bama.

That's the point I'm making. Texas people are the only ones I've seen who think they're a major player in the race. From what I heard, losing Locksley hurt Bama a lot with Trey (among other things). I have no idea who is first, second, third, or fourth. That's the point I made earlier. It could be any of the four. Everybody thinks they're in it. However, on the UF, Bama, and UGA boards, I haven't seen the insiders taking Texas that seriously.

I'll say this much, though, Trey's dad had been running his recruiting for basically the entire process (with his mom mainly staying out of it). There has been smoke from reliable UF insiders for the past month that Trey's mom, who is very pro-UF and wants her sons to play on the same team, is going to become very involved as we approach signing day. And the things I've recently read from our insiders are only supporting that is exactly what is currently happening. Plus, she is accompanying Trey on his visit this weekend to UF. It certainly doesn't hurt to have the last visit right before the dead period. ;)

That's why there is a lot of optimism on the UF side, but truthfully, I have no idea where Trey will end up. I should have better information on Sunday.

Edited by jrry32

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Would like to see that compared to tOSU. Not saying tOSU would be Beating that but to see what their % is at

Without the numbers, my guess is their recent 1st rounders are comparable but that most of Bama’s 1st were 5 stars. I can think of quite the mix of 3, 4, and 5 star guys coming out of OSU as 1st rounders. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Would like to see that compared to tOSU. Not saying tOSU would be Beating that but to see what their % is at

Since Saban has taken over tOSU hasn't had a single 5* prospect drafted in the first round - 0/14 if I'm looking at it correctly. 

Looks like Nick Bosa will be the first. 

Edited by Scalamania