The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Oregon's best insider (IMO), Justin Hopkins, has been saying that Thibodeaux would end up at Bama for the last 2 weeks or so. FSU is upping the ante, though...

UF's best insider says he's leaning Oregon and that FSU isn't even in the running.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

Great chance Georgia equals their 7 5* of last year, and probably around 50% that they better it.

Great?

Smith
Dean
Webb
Walker
Blaylock

Who else do you have a great chance at? Haselwood you have a chance still but all signs are pointing to Miami. And that still only makes 6.

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Great?

Smith
Dean
Webb
Walker
Blaylock

Who else do you have a great chance at? Haselwood you have a chance still but all signs are pointing to Miami. And that still only makes 6.

Maybe he's assuming Evan Neal and Trey Sanders or is counting Tyrique Stevenson as a five star?

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Maybe he's assuming Evan Neal and Trey Sanders or is counting Tyrique Stevenson as a five star?

that would be surprising. They certainly don't have a great chance at either. They don't even have a good chance at either. And Stevenson isn't ranked as a 5* by any of the 3 main sites or the composite.

10 minutes ago, mse326 said:

that would be surprising. They certainly don't have a great chance at either. They don't even have a good chance at either. And Stevenson isn't ranked as a 5* by any of the 3 main sites or the composite.

The smoke out there right now is that Sanders is trending away from Bama and towards UGA or UF. I don't have a lot of info on Evan Neal, but he has seemed to be attached at the hip with Sanders for much of the process. From what I heard, there are UGA people who believe they're leading with Trey Sanders. It's not inconceivable that they are. However, there's also a lot of smoke that Sanders is trending UF's direction. UF will have the last visit this weekend before he signs, and our insiders are hinting that we have a real shot at landing him if the visit goes well. Evan Neal will also be visiting this weekend alongside Trey. If Devils believes they're a package deal, I could understand his confidence based on the smoke out there. Then again, Bama has supposedly been leading for both for so long, so it's hard to say with much certainty if there's anything to all of this. 

Edited by jrry32

10 hours ago, mse326 said:

Great?

Smith
Dean
Webb
Walker
Blaylock

Smith, Webb, Walker, and Blaylock are locked in

Haselwood and Dean are two guys Im counting, and will be until the guy that I follow(who is right 98% of the time) says otherwise. Only time I know he has been wrong was with Pappoe, and he knew a day before the announcement, and if we would have taken his friend, Pappoe would be with Georgia, but we probably wouldnt have went after Dean, so its whatever.

I have full faith in Sam Pittman and believe that he is going to get one of the available tackles. Neal seems to be the guy at the moment, but Wright is a guy we are still in with, although it does look like he is leaning Tennessee.

Sanders is the guy thats up in the air. We moved the needle a whole heck of a lot after last weekend. Will it be enough? I dont think anyone knows, but I do think it is telling that Alabama went in home with 3* DJ Williams last night, and its not because they are losing their one RB commit to Maryland. Glass seems to be the guy that will take his spot. They might know that Sanders isnt going to Tuscaloosa. Still a long way to go, but it seems that Georgia feels pretty good at the moment. 

Stevenson is someone Im not counting. I doubt he will get his fifth star, and if he does, it could cause Blaylock to slide to a four. 

57 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Smith, Webb, Walker, and Blaylock are locked in

Haselwood and Dean are two guys Im counting, and will be until the guy that I follow(who is right 98% of the time) says otherwise. Only time I know he has been wrong was with Pappoe, and he knew a day before the announcement, and if we would have taken his friend, Pappoe would be with Georgia, but we probably wouldnt have went after Dean, so its whatever.

I have full faith in Sam Pittman and believe that he is going to get one of the available tackles. Neal seems to be the guy at the moment, but Wright is a guy we are still in with, although it does look like he is leaning Tennessee.

Sanders is the guy thats up in the air. We moved the needle a whole heck of a lot after last weekend. Will it be enough? I dont think anyone knows, but I do think it is telling that Alabama went in home with 3* DJ Williams last night, and its not because they are losing their one RB commit to Maryland. Glass seems to be the guy that will take his spot. They might know that Sanders isnt going to Tuscaloosa. Still a long way to go, but it seems that Georgia feels pretty good at the moment. 

Stevenson is someone Im not counting. I doubt he will get his fifth star, and if he does, it could cause Blaylock to slide to a four. 

I mean I'm not saying it's impossible, but saying "great" chance is a bit much. Especially if you are counting on one those two tackles. I haven't heard anything about them really thinking of UGA other than Neal being there for an official visit. To simply suggest they have a great chance at one because of Pittman is stretching it.

I think people are making too big a deal about Sanders reply tweet to Smith. It seemed more just like a friend and teammate having fun. As for Williams I don't think that is about replacing Sanders. And he is also doing an official to UGA in the coming days. He has been a guy coming on of late and I think both are doing due dilligence either for a preferred walk on spot or a grey shirt.

14 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I mean I'm not saying it's impossible, but saying "great" chance is a bit much. Especially if you are counting on one those two tackles. I haven't heard anything about them really thinking of UGA other than Neal being there for an official visit. To simply suggest they have a great chance at one because of Pittman is stretching it.

I think people are making too big a deal about Sanders reply tweet to Smith. It seemed more just like a friend and teammate having fun. As for Williams I don't think that is about replacing Sanders. And he is also doing an official to UGA in the coming days. He has been a guy coming on of late and I think both are doing due dilligence either for a preferred walk on spot or a grey shirt.

Sanders tweet means nothing. Him and Nolan troll on twitter all the time. Thats where the main rumors have come from the past year about Smith leaving Georgia, when he has been 100% solid for over a year. Im going off Georgia and even national guys saying that Georgia has moved the needle when it comes to Sanders. Im not saying Georgia will get him, but I think its up to a punchers chance, and if you look at visits, Bama has been looking at other RBs. That could mean something. It might not

Georgia has been in it a lot more with the two tackles more than crystal balls or whatever indicates. Both have been a priority for a while, and all Im saying is that I dont count out Sam Pittman in any recruiting battle. He is the best in the business.

Wording was probably a bit too suggestive, but I do believe Georgia will end up with 7 5* at the end of all of this.