The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

16 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Picked up another commit in 3* DB Javin Wright.

And on tap for possibly another in 4* APB Wandale Robinson.

We're suddenly likely to miss out on Robinson today after being a heavy lean for about a week. Rumor has it his family received.... New 'information' as of late last night. Supposedly it changed his chances to Kentucky.

• 2 weeks later...

John Emery, the top running back and 14th overall prospect from the 2019 recruiting class has elected to stay home and attend LSU after decommitting from Georgia a month ago 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25269802/john-emery-top-running-back-2019-class-commits-lsu-tigers

Edited by naptownskinsfan

35 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

John Emery, the top running back and 14th overall prospect from the 2019 recruiting class has elected to stay home and attend LSU after decommitting from Georgia a month ago 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25269802/john-emery-top-running-back-2019-class-commits-lsu-tigers

Get's OOS UGA Kirby money, then gets a raise from in-state LSU money?

Can't even hate it. Respect the game.

• Like 2

Alabama losing Jordan Davis to Tennessee- looks like it's a case of wanting to stay home, but also some kind of loyalty/respect towards Pruitt 

This is quite the turn of events.

In December of 2017, Davis signed on as an early piece of Alabama’s 2018 recruiting class.  Expected to enroll at the university early, Jordan Davis instead enrolled at a junior college, Copiah-Lincoln (Miss.) Community College, in mid-July as he failed to qualify academically at UA.  In October of this year, the defensive lineman took to Twitter to announce that he was recommitting to the Crimson Tide and head coach Nick Saban.

A month later?  Never mind as Davis confirmed on the same social media site that he has verbally committed to Tennessee and former Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.

Now would like to Say “ I Am Now Committed….” %100🍊 pic.twitter.com/Vug1A2kIUw

— Jordan Davis… (@jlpdavis99) November 14, 2018

In an interview with 247Sports.com not long after that announcement, the Tennessee native expounded on his decision.

“It’s just somewhere I wanted to truly go, somewhere I feel that I can really make a difference,” Davis told the recruiting website. “I just want to do something different. I want to do something big. I want to do something big for my hometown and my state.

“I mean, I shocked the world with that one.”

Davis was a consensus four-star 2018 signee, rated by 247Sports.com as the No. 6 weakside defensive end in the country; the No. 2 player at any position in the state of Tennessee; and the No. 108 player overall on that recruiting website’s composite board.  Only two defensive linemen in the Tide’s class this year — Eyabi Anoma and Stephon Wynn — were rated higher than Davis.

Whether Davis follows through on his latest commitment a month from now remains to be seen.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/14/former-alabama-signee-commits-to-rival-tennessee/

https://247sports.com/Player/Gunnar-Gundy-46057185/

This is Mike Gundy's son, Gunnar.

Yes, you read that right, Mike Gundy at one point started at a birth certificate with "Gunnar Gundy" on it, and signed it. I sincerely hope his middle name is ******* because there is no way I can see him as anything but Gunnar ******* Gundy.