The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

On 7/30/2018 at 6:42 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

For DJ U?! You're way off.

It's Clemson/Oregon right now at top. Ya'll were his childhood favorite and his dad is a huge fan but you took Bryce Young. They're not going to the same school.

Isn't he a stud 3B/OF prospect 

Let's talk sketchy

So... just to recap.

• On Dec. 20th Kaho signs a letter of intent with Washington
  • He arrives during the summer, and works to finish credits needed for fall camp.
  • On Aug 3rd, it's reported that he has asked for a release. The need to be with his family and health is cited as the reason. The Seattle Times interviews a member of Kaho's family and reports:

Two members of Kaho’s family, an aunt and an uncle, died suddenly in July. Kaho flew home to Reno, Nev., for their memorial services and has remained there. Family members were worried about Kaho’s health after he apparently lost some 20 pounds while in Seattle. Kaho’s parents are also going through a divorce, putting a strain on the entire family, one of Kaho’s family members said in an interview.

• Kaho is given a full release on Aug 6th.

• Kaho goes to Alabama on Aug 8th.

Edited by JammerHammer21

I can't decide if that says more (or less as the case may be) about the kid and his family, or Alabama's coaching staff. Regardless, there's a reasonably high probability you could find both of their souls available on craigslist for a nominal fee. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

I can't decide if that says more (or less as the case may be) about the kid and his family, or Alabama's coaching staff. Regardless, there's a reasonably high probability you could find both of their souls available on craigslist for a nominal fee. 

More about Bama imo.

3 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

Probably. Still a really bad look for the kid and his family. There's some karmic retribution waiting for someone down the road. 

Kid is going through a tough time. He let the wrong people get in his ear. I wonder which new car will be waiting for him when he gets to Bama.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Kid is going through a tough time. He let the wrong people get in his ear. I wonder which new car will be waiting for him when he gets to Bama.

He's old enough to know that using a family tragedy (or any tragedy for that matter) as a means to benefit your own self interest is wrong. Going through a tough time doesn't excuse completely throwing away your moral compass. If he changed his mind and decided he wants to go to Alabama, that's fine and he's well within his right to do so, but this is about as low rent of a way to go about making that happen as humanly possible. 

2 hours ago, Texasmade said:

He's old enough to know that using a family tragedy (or any tragedy for that matter) as a means to benefit your own self interest is wrong. Going through a tough time doesn't excuse completely throwing away your moral compass. If he changed his mind and decided he wants to go to Alabama, that's fine and he's well within his right to do so, but this is about as low rent of a way to go about making that happen as humanly possible. 

It may be possible that his parent's divorce or sudden death means getting paid now became a priority in a way that it wasn't when he signed his NLI.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It may be possible that his parent's divorce or sudden death means getting paid now became a priority in a way that it wasn't when he signed his NLI.

They may have, and that's fine but it's not relevant to the point. I understand circumstances can change, but that doesn't excuse parroting on about a death in the family and that you need to be closer to home as the reason why you need to be released from your LOI. 

6 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

They may have, and that's fine but it's not relevant to the point. I understand circumstances can change, but that doesn't excuse parroting on about a death in the family and that you need to be closer to home as the reason why you need to be released from your LOI. 

I'm supplying that as the rationale for why the kid may feel like he has no choice but to lie. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm supplying that as the rationale for why the kid may feel like he has no choice but to lie. 

I would imagine his rationale for lying is largely the same as it is for the rest of us. It's easier and far more convenient than the truth. Even then though, it's not the fact that he lied that I have an issue with. That's whatever, people lie. It's that the lie that he chose to tell was pretty low brow.