Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

5 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The above is true, but the true strength of that team was in the QB and the line play on both sides. The LTs that played and the C, and on the defensive line, Cox and pass rushers in Graham, Barnett and Curry. They were a good blend though, supplemented well through FA. Brooks and Wiz on the o-line, Jernigan and Long on the d-line.

Getting the blend right is the key.

getting good players for good values in terms of money, draft picks, and other players is the key.  theres no prescribed set formula.

21 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

We should get Suh. Our cap space is down to 80m or so but that's a lot to do with Taylor's one year rental and Landry being on the tag right now. We can afford Suh, and even though he's a d-bag, he's elite.

I agree that it would be awesome to have Suh on this team.  He is as much a penetrating D-lineman, as a run stuffer.  The disruption he would cause in the middle would help our LB's with clean up duty, and would allow Garrett to not be the sole focus on the D line.

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I agree that it would be awesome to have Suh on this team.  He is as much a penetrating D-lineman, as a run stuffer.  The disruption he would cause in the middle would help our LB's with clean up duty, and would allow Garrett to not be the sole focus on the D line.

I agree with you.  Hes 31 but he wreaks HAVOC! Our run D would still be formitable, our Pass D would greatly improve.  He is a jacka** but I don't mind finally having someone who is a ****** to other teams....

5 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I agree with you.  Hes 31 but he wreaks HAVOC! Our run D would still be formitable, our Pass D would greatly improve.  He is a jacka** but I don't mind finally having someone who is a ****** to other teams....

On a lighter note, didn't realize a feminine cleansing product was that offensive that it would be *****ed out....

I actually made it less vulgar by choosing that word...

Today, I hope we hear we're close to:

1. Browns are signing RB Carlos Hyde

2. Browns are signing WR Terrelle Pryor

3. Browns are signing CB Beshaud Breeland

4. Browns are signing CB Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet that makes it hard for Chicago to match.

5. Browns are signing WR Paul Richardson OR WR Jordan Matthews OR WR Sammy Watkins (Allen Robinson doesnt add verticality speed dimensions to our room like these others hes just a great big jump ball possession receiver coming off an ACL injury; when building a WR room we need different skill sets).

6. A veteran pass rusher that can mentor but still has some juice left.

7. Trading Corey Coleman (who i still believe in and will be a pro bowler in this league if healthy), Jason McCourty, and a future 4th round pick to Seattle for FS Earl Thomas. Trade is good comp for both sides.

8. Joe Thomas will return one more year (doubtful)

9. We release Ricardo Louis, Jamar Taylor.

Bonus: I said and predicted Suh would be a cap casualty 2 months ago and am glad ir came true.

Signing Suh would be a bonus.

6 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Can see Ron Parker on a small deal, for Dorsey familiarity reasons. Just been released.

Didn't have a great season last year but has been solid in years past.

Anything is an upgrade over what we had and offers competition.

Still hope Randall Competes for the starting FS position

23 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

We don't need to go the Chubb route. If we add Suh, the slashing interior pass rush with him and Larry O will be jacked up so much that Garrett and Ogbah will clean up off the edge when the QB can't step up.

Coming from the biggest Suh fan possible (I was a fan of him back when he wore #77 at Nebraska), no, we don't need Suh. Year 2 Ogunjobi and Brantley along with a veteran would suffice. I wouldn't be upset if we do go that route but I just don't see that as a necessity.

30 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Today, I hope we hear we're close to:

1. Browns are signing RB Carlos Hyde - As a 3rd option I'd love it. I would still want a back in the draft.

2. Browns are signing WR Terrelle Pryor - I'd love it if he was signed as a backup plan to Gordon but ended up being a 2nd on this team.

3. Browns are signing CB Beshaud Breeland - I'm for it.

4. Browns are signing CB Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet that makes it hard for Chicago to match. - A crown jewel to pair with Landry?

5. Browns are signing WR Paul Richardson OR WR Jordan Matthews OR WR Sammy Watkins (Allen Robinson doesnt add verticality speed dimensions to our room like these others hes just a great big jump ball possession receiver coming off an ACL injury; when building a WR room we need different skill sets). - Richardson might be the man here. Again I like it because WR was the saddest group from last season. 

6. A veteran pass rusher that can mentor but still has some juice left. - I'd put this on the back burner. 

7. Trading Corey Coleman (who i still believe in and will be a pro bowler in this league if healthy), Jason McCourty, and a future 4th round pick to Seattle for FS Earl Thomas. Trade is good comp for both sides. - My faith in him has dropped since he dropped that wide open pass vs Pitt. If he stays, ok but if we can get Earl Thomas in a package with him include then good. Corey "Can't catch" Coleman can go somewhere else.

8. Joe Thomas will return one more year (doubtful) - We'll need to address the LT then. 

9. We release Ricardo Louis, Jamar Taylor. - Good!

Bonus: I said and predicted Suh would be a cap casualty 2 months ago and am glad ir came true.

Signing Suh would be a bonus. - Depending on how much he'd want. We did something like this with Rodgers before

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Hearing we addressed FS with the addition of Damarious Randall, incredibly smart moving him back to his college position. He’s going to ball there. He was a true ballhawk in college. One less position to worry about. Still leaves CB wide open though. 

Archived