Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Tyrann Mathieu would be a PERFECT signing. It'd give us a chance at redemption.

I don't think I've honestly been more upset than when we picked Leon McFadden over Tyrann Mathieu in 2013. Brandon Weeden in 2012 was pretty bad, but I had some modicum of hope for him. Leon McFadden was a bag of farts as a prospect and surprisingly, underwhelmed despite having zero hype. Looking back at my draft notes for 2013, I actually compared Leon McFadden to my dead grandma. Both had similar hip flexion, size, and tackling ability. Pretty sure we would have the same amount of wins and losses if we drafted a dead old woman instead of McFadden.

...and then an elite pro bowl player was drafted with the next pick. At the same position. That was universally seen as the superior player. By everyone in the world except our GM.

I was at San Diego State when Leon McFadden played, so I watched all his games and most in person.

I remember a year or so after we drafted him and some on the boards holding out hope that we could move him to safety, but I would reply that it won’t happen, he can’t do it.

As much as I liked having an Aztec on the team when we drafted him, it was so obvious we made a huge blunder when passing on the Honey Badger for him.

He’s no Brian Sipe.

DRC got cut by the Giants.

I dont think hes a good schematic fit but hes still talented and I want him on this team. Especially since we will probably fire the coaching staff at some point.

Would love to sign him and then either cut or move McCourtey to FS

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Anybody think Randall’s moving to FS

After Josh Gordon beats him like a drum in practice and shatters his confidence, I cant imagine he will have any other choice but to move to FS

Just now, zelbell said:

JLC reporting that well be going after A-Rob in free agency

i would love that just based on how much cap space we have even after trading for Landry 

Just was coming to say this. Our WR Core would be sick

3 minutes ago, zelbell said:

JLC reporting that well be going after A-Rob in free agency

i would love that just based on how much cap space we have even after trading for Landry 

Does that mean Coleman would be on the trading block?

Is there enough balls to go around for Gordon, Landry, A-Rob and Coleman? 

That would be the best WR core in the NFL though. A-Rob is very good when healthy.

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

That would be the best WR core in the NFL though. A-Rob is very good when healthy.

Maybe Coleman gets moved......I think we keep all of them because you can’t count on Gordon to stay clean and Coleman can’t stay healthy

10 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I think you keep Coleman until you get a read on how JGs career is gonna go

there could be much worse things then an explosive number 4 receiver 

Im really glad we got Landry that’s pretty game changing 

Archived