Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

Just saw a video on the Browns YouTube channel where John Clayton floated the idea that the Browns could get Earl Thomas for a 2nd and a 4 or 5 and I also read a report on CBSsports that the Seahawks are expected to move at least two of their top defensive players with Thomas, Sherman, and Bennett possibly on the trading block. I love Thomas’s game but he only has 1 year left in his deal and he’s going to be looking for a huge contract going into a season at the age of 30.

Should the Browns make a move for Thomas if he’s available?

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Just saw a video on the Browns YouTube channel where John Clayton floated the idea that the Browns could get Earl Thomas for a 2nd and a 4 or 5 and I also read a report on CBSsports that the Seahawks are expected to move at least two of their top defensive players with Thomas, Sherman, and Bennett possibly on the trading block. I love Thomas’s game but he only has 1 year left in his deal and he’s going to be looking for a huge contract going into a season at the age of 30.

Should the Browns make a move for Thomas if he’s available?

Tempting but risky.

Unless it's the PHI #2, I would have to say no.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

No way am I trading a 2nd for Thomas. No thanks.

yeah, he is past his physical prime. I think in the past 3 years he has had a shoulder issue, a broken league, and two hamstring injuries. He will be a free agent at the end of the year. Will he resign in Cleveland and would you really want to tag a 30year old safety for what I believe would be around $11m-12m. I dont know about that

41 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah, he is past his physical prime. I think in the past 3 years he has had a shoulder issue, a broken league, and two hamstring injuries. He will be a free agent at the end of the year. Will he resign in Cleveland and would you really want to tag a 30year old safety for what I believe would be around $11m-12m. I dont know about that

He also has already thrown retirement out there. No way he’s in it for the long haul in Cleveland.

John Clayton said there was whispers of us trading Earl Thomas for draft picks or Danny Shelton straight up. Also Deshone Kizer to the Cheifs for lateround picks ? I still believe in his talent. We should atleast get a 4 

6 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Someone tell me why I shouldn't be upset if we target McCarron. 

Younger

less injury history than Bradford

anything else?

To me it should be McCarron give him a deal that has guaranteed money the first two years with an option for an out after two season IMO. He plays well and maybe backed a legit QB for the Browns, he negations a new deal and the browns are set for 5+ years. He lives up to the billing as a bridge QB. Year two he is a great back up for the browns but he uses his option in the contract and he leaves in FA and Browns get a comp pick for him. 

I just think he makes the most. I beliefe

McCarron would bring a sense of peace or trust or whatever you want to call it to Hue. Maybe having McCarron really allows Hue to focus on the big picture because he trusts the QB and trust the OC. I believe that McCarron also brings a senses or leadership to the QB because he will have the relationship with Zamp already in place. That makes it easier for The QB we draft transition into the pros

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What makes McCarron good though? That’s my only issue.

I’d rather see Bradford personally, at least he’s shown to be a good QB when healthy.

He is made of glass that has been put back together multiple times. 

I think he is the most skilled by a long shot. I just don’t think he last a game of football where he gets hit or sacked a few times. I am a fan of Bradford’s play I liked him when he came out . But he just gets injured very easily.

mccarron and darnold both look like they can take a few hits.

7 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

John Clayton said there was whispers of us trading Earl Thomas for draft picks or Danny Shelton straight up. Also Deshone Kizer to the Cheifs for lateround picks ? I still believe in his talent. We should atleast get a 4 

No thanks to the Earl Thomas trade. We're trading a top 5 player on our roster that hasn't even reached his prime yet for Earl Thomas, a guy outside of his prime who's been injured and has recently hinted at retirement?

I'd be furious.

And there's no reason to trade Kizer unless we get more than he's worth. That's not likely to happen.

Archived