Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He got it 12 months ago.

6-8? Sure, I guess.  I’m not sure what he offers other than he’s a stiff who can suck until we play Darnold.

If we’re going to have a bridge QB, I’d like them to at least be capable of winning a few games.

I have to agree with you. Glennon plus Cleveland equals 0-16. 2 parades in 2 seasons... WHAT WHAT!!!!

That is all

mastercheddaar

Apparently Tyrann Mathieu's option might not be picked up by Arizona.

Now can you imagine signing him up, trading down with Arizona from 4 to 15 for Patrick Peterson and some more compensation. Then draft Derwin James at 15.

CB Peterson

CB Mccourty

CB/FS Mathieu

S Peppers

S James

I don't know how exactly that would work, but it would be some mad talent and versatility if you could figure it out.

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Apparently Tyrann Mathieu's option might not be picked up by Arizona.

Now can you imagine signing him up, trading down with Arizona from 4 to 15 for Patrick Peterson and some more compensation. Then draft Derwin James at 15.

CB Peterson

CB Mccourty

CB/FS Mathieu

S Pepper

S James

I don't know how exactly that would work, but it would be some mad talent and versatility if you could figure it out.

I have been pimping #4 to ARZ for a while getting Peterson, their this year pick and a 1 or 2 next year.

I don't think even Williams could screw up with all that DB talent.

F/A offers the Browns an opportunity to fill some holes with veterans.  As mentioned by several others, we must spend $59M or lose it.  With 111M cap space and no bad contracts, Dorsey may overpay for the right veterans.  I have looked at many experts ideas about who is signing with which team.  The bottom line is we have needs.  On offense, we need QB, RB (crowell is gone), WR, T and blocking TE.  On defense, we need CB, FS, DT, and speed linebacker.  With 12 draft picks which should net 10 players, we certainly could add 5 FA's.

44 minutes ago, #32 said:

F/A offers the Browns an opportunity to fill some holes with veterans.  As mentioned by several others, we must spend $59M or lose it.  With 111M cap space and no bad contracts, Dorsey may overpay for the right veterans.  I have looked at many experts ideas about who is signing with which team.  The bottom line is we have needs.  On offense, we need QB, RB (crowell is gone), WR, T and blocking TE.  On defense, we need CB, FS, DT, and speed linebacker.  With 12 draft picks which should net 10 players, we certainly could add 5 FA's.

I'd say we need: #1QB, Vet QB, #1RB, #2/3WR, #3/4WR, #3OT, #3TE, #1CB, FS, and #3DE. Could we use a #4LB, #4DT, #2FS, #4CB, and #2Center? Yes, but that first batch is the main needs. So 12 picks and 100M to get 10 guys. I think we can do that.

On 2/27/2018 at 12:09 AM, Mind Character said:

Give me EJ Gaines CB, Kyle Fuller CB, Kurt Coleman FS, Josh McCown QB, Tamba Hali DE, and Sammy Watkins WR on the first day of Free Agency and call it a day...

As the great Fake Sean Connery once said, “Oh, I’ll play your game, you rogue” 

Give me Kyle Fuller CB, Josh McCown QB, Frank Gore RB, William Hayes DE, Eric Reid FS, Pryor WR. 

Also down for 3-7 rounders for vet talent on teams trying to manage the salary cap, like Suh/Crabtree/Geno Atkins.  Let’s at least try to bring in mentors. 

2 hours ago, JoshBooty said:

As the great Fake Sean Connery once said, “Oh, I’ll play your game, you rogue” 

Give me Kyle Fuller CB, Josh McCown QB, Frank Gore RB, William Hayes DE, Eric Reid FS, Pryor WR. 

Also down for 3-7 rounders for vet talent on teams trying to manage the salary cap, like Suh/Crabtree/Geno Atkins.  Let’s at least try to bring in mentors. 

Suh a mentor?

For what?

But I certainly would not mind having him.

30 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Suh a mentor?

For what?

But I certainly would not mind having him.

Suh can be a really dirty player, but there have been news articles strictly focused on his positive work ethic, and how he has pulled younger defensive line players in at Miami and Detroit to train with him and learn how he prepares. Like a McCown or Gore, he could set an example to our young talent as to the level of prep that is necessary for success. 

Idk why you guys think Peterson and Tyrann would cost that much to jump from 4 to 15. I’d need a whole hell of a lot more to make that jump. Hell Peters who is a better corner and player then both of them. Top 5. Got a 4th and future 2nd. I’d say I’ll give you Kizer and 3rd maybe Eagles 2 for Peterson. And a 5th plus a conditional pick somewhere in the 3-4 range in 19 for Tyrann. Then I’d still take Minka to play slot/ 3rd safety and sign Trumaine Johnson. That give us one of the best secondaries in the league. Is it over kill sure but you gotta stop the pass. 

7 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'd say we need: #1QB, Vet QB, #1RB, #2/3WR, #3/4WR, #3OT, #3TE, #1CB, FS, and #3DE. Could we use a #4LB, #4DT, #2FS, #4CB, and #2Center? Yes, but that first batch is the main needs. So 12 picks and 100M to get 10 guys. I think we can do that.

Some of what you said really isn’t a need, but a luxury depth position. If you’re desperately in need of a #3 or #4 WR. Odds are your team wasn’t that good to begin with.

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Would be our enforcer like the Stillers had James Harrison. Would absolutely love it, wont happen though

It would be nice if we had a guy who didn’t seem ok with opposing players kicking teammates in the face and knocking the heads off their receivers.

This team has had a beta disposition for as long as I can remember.  I’ll take a few 15 yard penalties for a toughass mentality, especially along the DL.

Garrett - Shelton - Suh- Ogbah?  

Sign me up.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It would be nice if we had a guy who didn’t seem ok with opposing players kicking teammates in the face and knocking the heads off their receivers.

This team has had a beta disposition for as long as I can remember.  I’ll take a few 15 yard penalties for a toughass mentality, especially along the DL.

Garrett - Shelton - Suh- Ogbah?  

Sign me up.

Suh almost decapitated Delhomme and he could barely get an offensive lineman to fix his pads, James Harrison almost killed Colt McCoy and Josh Cribbs, no one did anything, that is so not real Cleveland. Is it too much to ask for us to have just a few more a-holes on our team that wont back down from a fight? Also that defensive line is boner worthy.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Suh almost decapitated Delhomme and he could barely get an offensive lineman to fix his pads, James Harrison almost killed Colt McCoy and Josh Cribbs, no one did anything, that is so not real Cleveland. Is it too much to ask for us to have just a few more a-holes on our team that wont back down from a fight? Also that defensive line is boner worthy.

The James Harrison hits are exactly what I was referencing. Dudes just watched like “damn.... bet that sucked. Nice hit James.... Josh...you good bro... Colt, you alive?”

Archived