Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I suppose the silver lining would be that I like Chris Ivory’s running style??

Dude runs like his arse is on fire.

Well, we can also say he might have some tread on his tires since he basically played part-time last year?

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I suppose the silver lining would be that I like Chris Ivory’s running style??

Dude runs like his arse is on fire.

We do need a power back to pair with Duke Johnson. If we draft Saquon, we'd still need a downhill runner as the #3. I just think there's better and younger power backs out there.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We do need a power back to pair with Duke Johnson. If we draft Saquon, we'd still need a downhill runner as the #3. I just think there's better and younger power backs out there.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear with that last post, I have zero interest in Chris Ivory.  I like his running style, yes, but I’d prefer they find someone with a similar running style in the 2nd-4th rounds, not sign his geriatric azz.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry if I wasn’t clear with that last post, I have zero interest in Chris Ivory.  I like his running style, yes, but I’d prefer they find someone with a similar running style in the 2nd-4th rounds, not sign his geriatric azz.

Yes you are right.

this would be cool if it was 2013.

28 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I think that we picked a bad year to have a lot of money to spend in FA.

Looks like it. But we don't really need to be throwing money around this off-season. I'd be fine playing it safe and only really targeting 2-3 high level guys and then adding some depth.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Looks like it. But we don't really need to be throwing money around this off-season. I'd be fine playing it safe and only really targeting 2-3 high level guys and then adding some depth.

Maybe use some mandatory spend to extend guys, too.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Browns dont need a downhill runner. They dont need to devote a roster spot to one specific skillset. 

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Browns dont need a downhill runner. They dont need to devote a roster spot to one specific skillset. 

They do if they only have 3 scatbacks on their roster. Barkley can run with power on occasion, but this isn't why you draft him. Plus if he goes down, we will have Duke Johnson and Matt Dayes trying to slam it into the endzone around the goal line. Doesn't sound like a great plan.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

They do if they only have 3 scatbacks on their roster. Barkley can run with power on occasion, but this isn't why you draft him. Plus if he goes down, we will have Duke Johnson and Matt Dayes trying to slam it into the endzone around the goal line. Doesn't sound like a great plan.

yeah and its not like a guy like Bo Scarbough wont be there in the 5th or later

I'm cool with Chris Ivory 

he can at least be serviceable while the rookie takes hold of the position. I do think we deff need to get another back because if our rookie starter were to go down Duke and Hayes would be a bad combo  

Archived