Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Rooting for Minny and AZ.

I want the Jets and Broncos in need of a QB come draft day.

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping for too. Opens up the possibility of a slight trad back and still getting our guy. Or if they’re gone I take Ward. 

19 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Robert Quinn to Miami for a 4th round pick and moving up in the 12 spots in the 6th round. Wow.

I know he is not what he used to be(talk about a flash in the pan) but I would have done that deal in a heartbeat. Why can we never get these deals? We always over pay for one year wonders who were never great like a 3rd for Corey Williams and a premium pick (2nd) for a 29 year old Shaun Rogers who had a great season in Detroit but he was never exactly Wilfork, Ngata or Hampton either.

A mid 4th rounder? We need deals like this to start happening if we want to get out of the basement.

Thats low for him, but he has injury concerns if Im not mistaken and I dont know at this point if he is even a upgrade over Ogbah. However, yes, how the Browns dont get in on any of these guys especially when our coaches have ties to them in beyond me. If I have to see another good veteran get traded for a mid round pick while we sit on a goldmine of draft selections Im going to lose it.

I did hear however that Earl Thomas, Honey Badger and Eric Berry all might be as good as gone or can be had for the right price. Soooo......take this 2nd round pick for Honey Badger and lets make amends for the whole Leon McFadden debacle in 2013.

On 3/1/2018 at 6:55 PM, bruceb said:

If we pick up Pryor, I really don't see using more than one pick on a WR as the best use of a draft pick in this class.

I dont know about you but Im not ready to write off Higgins. He showed some spark last season once he actually got regular PT. I think with a good QB (like all WRs) he could really turn into a solid WR in the slot as a #3 or #4 WR. Having a WR corp of Gordon, Pryor, Coleman and Higgins is more than fine with a good QB.

Its just so hard to judge our WR talent because of how bad the QB play has been.

I don’t mind Bradford if he’s healthy. But at times I feel like he becomes a product of environment. For the rams he was injured and inconsistent. For the eagles he did pretty well for them average to above average. For the Viking I thought he looked great. With us will he be terrible because everybody expects us to be and he’s just making a check before he bounces ? I feel like AJ wants and will do anything to get it. Plus he has a bunch of untapped potential. I’d like to see us get him. 

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont know about you but Im not ready to write off Higgins. He showed some spark last season once he actually got regular PT. I think with a good QB (like all WRs) he could really turn into a solid WR in the slot as a #3 or #4 WR. Having a WR corp of Gordon, Pryor, Coleman and Higgins is more than fine with a good QB.

Its just so hard to judge our WR talent because of how bad the QB play has been.

Yeah, I am not getting this "we need WRs, we need WRs" perspective at all.

We need a lot of other things, too.

Personally, after getting our QBOTF I would concentrate on getting CB, RB, OL and maybe a DL for good measure.

Archived