Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

No that’s not want I’m saying at all. I’m saying we should have 4 QBs. Idc if it means another position is short. Consistently QBs been our biggest issue. I want McCarron Starting week 1 and beyond without worry or responsibility to mentor the younger guys. Then I want McCown to be QB2 to Mentor and be backup. Keep Kizer and Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield. 

Lol let’s make McCown the highest paid QB coach in the league I’d wanna keep that roster spot 

We need to spend some cash on the following areas:

WR and DB (either CB or S) 

Address the bridge QB

and as for the rest

Just look for quality vet players that we know could come into camp and help our youth movement out. Look for guys that were coached by Hueball, Williams, and Haley before. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Lol let’s make McCown the highest paid QB coach in the league I’d wanna keep that roster spot 

Exactly McCown going to be our James Jones. Our Richard Jefferson. He can mentor the youngins Kizer and Darnold. While McCarron Balls out. We have the money and by week 10 we usually are looking for another QB so why not just keep 4. The more help the better 

18 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Address the bridge QB

and as for the rest

Just look for quality vet players that we know could come into camp and help our youth movement out. Look for guys that were coached by Hueball, Williams, and Haley before. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Robinson WR - big money need signing

Mathieu CB/S - big money need signing

McCarron Bridge QB - coached by Hue

Pryor WR - coached by Hue

Dee Ford DE - Chiefs connection

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Robinson WR - big money need signing

Mathieu CB/S - big money need signing

McCarron Bridge QB - coached by Hue

Pryor WR - coached by Hue

Dee Ford DE - Chiefs connection

Yes! I'd even try for T. Johnson too. We got 60 million we have to spend. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bring in Pryor and Mathieu and I’d be completely satisfied with free agency

Pryor as a 3rd-5th WR would be nice. Browns could go from one of the worse WR groups in the league to one of the better ones. 

8 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Address the bridge QB

You were prophetic.

Who do you know?

And what is the rumored 4th trade all about?

Tyrann Mathieu would be a PERFECT signing. It'd give us a chance at redemption.

I don't think I've honestly been more upset than when we picked Leon McFadden over Tyrann Mathieu in 2013. Brandon Weeden in 2012 was pretty bad, but I had some modicum of hope for him. Leon McFadden was a bag of farts as a prospect and surprisingly, underwhelmed despite having zero hype. Looking back at my draft notes for 2013, I actually compared Leon McFadden to my dead grandma. Both had similar hip flexion, size, and tackling ability. Pretty sure we would have the same amount of wins and losses if we drafted a dead old woman instead of McFadden.

...and then an elite pro bowl player was drafted with the next pick. At the same position. That was universally seen as the superior player. By everyone in the world except our GM.

We have a lot of money left but also have enough draft assets to keep things reasonable in FA. Mid-budget moves like Pryor make sense to me. I don’t want to see us spend all that money at once though and turn into the Redskins/Dolphins of old. Don’t think that happens; just throwing that out there. Give me Pryor, throw in another DB, and fill things out with some depth, and take things into the draft. 

Archived