Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

Don't know why people want to throw starter money at McCarron and draft a rookie. If the endgame is for the rookie to start, why waste time or money on a guy that also wants to start?

Rather just throw a chunk of change at someone like Bradford or Taylor on like a 2 year deal. 

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

Don't know why people want to throw starter money at McCarron and draft a rookie. If the endgame is for the rookie to start, why waste time or money on a guy that also wants to start?

Rather just throw a chunk of change at someone like Bradford or Taylor on like a 2 year deal. 

Plus Bradford has shown to be better than McCarron.

Question about FA - if the official signing day isn't til next week (14th or 15th, I can't remember) - how are teams signing players already?  Rams are sucking up corners like a Dyson on an infomercial ...how can they do that?  

Also - whats the deal with honey badger that the Cards want him to take a pay cut?  I thought he was a pretty good player - did he have a bad year or is Bakers rise the reason for this?  

Lastly - seems we were in the running for some of these transactions (trade for Seattles' Bennett, also for Rams Quinn) but it didn't happen - makes me a bit concerned that our 1-31 record might be a bigger hurdle to overcome than originally thought.  

1 hour ago, StewieRules said:

Question about FA - if the official signing day isn't til next week (14th or 15th, I can't remember) - how are teams signing players already?  Rams are sucking up corners like a Dyson on an infomercial ...how can they do that?  

Also - whats the deal with honey badger that the Cards want him to take a pay cut?  I thought he was a pretty good player - did he have a bad year or is Bakers rise the reason for this?  

Lastly - seems we were in the running for some of these transactions (trade for Seattles' Bennett, also for Rams Quinn) but it didn't happen - makes me a bit concerned that our 1-31 record might be a bigger hurdle to overcome than originally thought.  

Not positive but I think players can be signed but just not officially until FA starts.

Like the Jets DT that got released technically isn't released yet.

3 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Not positive but I think players can be signed but just not officially until FA starts.

Like the Jets DT that got released technically isn't released yet.

They just write the contracts with effective dates consistent with the league rules.

17 hours ago, dawgpound1816 said:

Wasn't there a rule that was implemented that doesn't allow a team to bring in a backup Qb to act as an on the field coach for a rookie?

I don't think so. I don't see how you could make such a rule.

I think we'll sign:
AJ McCarron
Terrelle Pryor
Bashaud Breeman

and be in on Allen Robinson and maybe get him

other than that I think we'll be pretty silent.  maybe get a FS (if Mathieu gets cut, i think well be in on him and maybe get him)

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

I think we'll sign:
AJ McCarron
Terrelle Pryor
Bashaud Breeman

and be in on Allen Robinson and maybe get him

other than that I think we'll be pretty silent.  maybe get a FS.  

I’d take that, if we could get Robinson and maybe even Honey Badger.

We got the money, just a matter of convincing them.

3 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I think will be in on the Phillip Gaines, Albert Wilson, and Dee Ford. I really want McCarron and McCown as our QB in front of our rookie. Let McCarron go try and prove himself. Let McCown be the mentor 

Gotta keep Kizer

if you’d rather have McCown over Kizer your crazy 

Id be open to Matt Cassel as well he can do something 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Gotta keep Kizer

if you’d rather have McCown over Kizer your crazy 

Id be open to Matt Cassel as well he can do something 

No that’s not want I’m saying at all. I’m saying we should have 4 QBs. Idc if it means another position is short. Consistently QBs been our biggest issue. I want McCarron Starting week 1 and beyond without worry or responsibility to mentor the younger guys. Then I want McCown to be QB2 to Mentor and be backup. Keep Kizer and Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield. 

Archived