Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Why would they cut Kurt Coleman? He didn't have a horrible year. Is he just a cap casualty? 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Panthers fans seem to disagree with the whole "he didn't have a horrible year" thing. I thought he would be a fit here too, but after doing some research on what Panther fans thought of Coleman...sounds like he was a turd last season.

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I see that Keenum wasn't franchised.  I wonder what he will cost on the open market?  A QB room of  Keenum/Darnold or Mayfield/ Kizer would definitely make me happy.

I want 3qbs on the roster.

keenum, darnold Kizer would be brilliant.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I want 3qbs on the roster.

keenum, darnold Kizer would be brilliant.

I would almost want to trade Kizer and draft two QBs in this draft. Make the QBs on this Roster all Dorsey guys. Those QBs will be here longer than Huebris

Kurt Coleman just got cut in Carolina. It is being labeled strictly a salary dump. He will be 30 on July 1st - but he is still playing at a high level. Normally, I would not be interested in signing a 30 year old safety, but this defense is so young. Think of the benefits that Jabrill could get out of this signing. Jabrill may even be able to reintroduce himself to........

The line of scrimmage.

Thoughts?

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/02/91362/carolina-panthers-releasing-former-ohio-state-safety-kurt-coleman-per-report

16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Panthers fans seem to disagree with the whole "he didn't have a horrible year" thing. I thought he would be a fit here too, but after doing some research on what Panther fans thought of Coleman...sounds like he was a turd last season.

Yeah he had his worse season with the panthers this year. 

I think he be a great Vet FS to put next to Peppers. He then could be easily replace in a few years. Hell I would like to draft Tell, the safety from USC. Thought he would of came out this year 

8 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Kurt Coleman just got cut in Carolina. It is being labeled strictly a salary dump. He will be 30 on July 1st - but he is still playing at a high level. Normally, I would not be interested in signing a 30 year old safety, but this defense is so young. Think of the benefits that Jabrill could get out of this signing. Jabrill may even be able to reintroduce himself to........

The line of scrimmage.

Thoughts?

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/02/91362/carolina-panthers-releasing-former-ohio-state-safety-kurt-coleman-per-report

He is actually the ideal Safety I want next to Peppers

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like Coleman, but I have no clue what he’d cost or how much he wants to win.

I wouldn’t back up a Brinks truck for him, but if the deal was right, sure.

Yeah.

id rather go Joyner, or see if we could nab the honey badger but not against colemanColeman

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like Coleman, but I have no clue what he’d cost or how much he wants to win.

I wouldn’t back up a Brinks truck for him, but if the deal was right, sure.

I dont think he will cost much. Only really need to load his deal up the first two years or so. I would hope to maybe find his replacement next year or the year after that.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah.

id rather go Joyner, or see if we could nab the honey badger but not against colemanColeman

you might want to go with Joyner, but Joyner might not want to come here. His first 3years with the rams, Williams stuck him as a nickel type back. Wade Phillips made him a FS and excelled at it. I dont see the rams letting him go. I think they will match whatever he gets offered

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont think he will cost much. Only really need to load his deal up the first two years or so. I would hope to maybe find his replacement next year or the year after that.

I mean, yeah, if that’s all it’s going to take and he’s interested in playing here.

It definitely let’s us kick the can down the road a bit at FS or, at a minimum, adds some veteran depth.

Archived