Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont know, he never had a pass rush infront of him to make his life easier. He was pretty good in his prime. He could of been really good if a pass rush would of forced QBs to make bad passes or forced them to throw the ball sooner rather than later

There was a solid year and a half worth of games where he was a top 10 CB

Randall moving to FS, lots of rumored interest in CBs. I am starting to get the feeling that they aim to fix the DB group before the draft. 

I think Chubb and Barkley are the targets with the 4 pick baring a Buffalo trade. Dorsey and Co. will probably be going BPA all 7 rounds after we take our QB at 1. 

1 minute ago, FEARtheELF said:

Randall moving to FS, lots of rumored interest in CBs. I am starting to get the feeling that they aim to fix the DB group before the draft.

Good thing since there are not many (any?) sure things in that draft crop.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Even in his prime, Haden wasn't that good.

Thats a lie. For about 2 years there Haden was top 5 in the NFL at his position right when he started peaking. Then injuries started to pile up entering his prime years and he was never the same again.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats a lie. For about 2 years there Haden was hovering around top 5 in the NFL at his position right when he started peaking. Then injuries started to pile up entering his prime years and he was never the same again.

It happened so fast that I must have missed it?

Oh, and hardly a lie because it was not an intentional misrepresentation of fact.

25 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

To those wanting to spend cap space well “because we have it”, we’re already down 30 million just on three moves. And we’re still a 4 win team with no long term sustainability. Hopefully Dorsey can run this right. 

We still have the second most cap space in the league, even after these moves.

I don’t care if they spend a bunch, just don’t sign players to absurdly lengthy deals like Miami did with Suh.

Dorsey seems to understand how to build a roster and a team, but his management of the cap and his propensity to pay aging vets are still worrisome. 

If they want to overpay players to get them to respectability, great, but hopefully these are deals that are easy to get out of when the time comes.

Hey guys, it's time to shut it down. This thread will no longer be needed, as new technological advances have been reached. From now on, please post your free agency related responses in the following: 

Apologies apologies for those who do not have the clearance to see this thread.

31 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Hey guys, it's time to shut it down. This thread will no longer be needed, as new technological advances have been reached. From now on, please post your free agency related responses in the following: 

Apologies apologies for those who do not have the clearance to see this thread.

How on earth are not a mod yet?!  If this does not demonstrate mod wisdom, then I don't know what does!

Archived