Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

13 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Pettine on Kyle...:P:P:P

Oh give me a break. The GM at the time was texting Kyle playcalls during the game, he was suspended for it if I recall. Why would any OC want to be in a place like that? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I could see DeMeco Ryans as a DC if Saleh were to get a head coaching job in the near future.

Does anyone see Saleh as a future HC? I don't know, that may be a few years down the line. In the meantime, Ryans might want to become a DC. I think it's simply within any team's rights to want to retain their coaches. I don't know how much term he has, but if, for example, he signed for two years, it's just fair for us to want to keep him for two years. If he's really in Kylo's future plans, then maybe we give him some more responsibilities. Maybe we keep him just in case Saleh's defense implodes, or our season doesn't go the way we want, and want to use him as a scapegoat. Then we'd have Ryans to take over. 

Also there's my favorite theory: maybe we blocked the titans from interviewing because Demeco himself didn't want to interview, and let our FO politely decline for him.

27 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Does anyone see Saleh as a future HC? I don't know, that may be a few years down the line. In the meantime, Ryans might want to become a DC. I think it's simply within any team's rights to want to retain their coaches. I don't know how much term he has, but if, for example, he signed for two years, it's just fair for us to want to keep him for two years. If he's really in Kylo's future plans, then maybe we give him some more responsibilities. Maybe we keep him just in case Saleh's defense implodes, or our season doesn't go the way we want, and want to use him as a scapegoat. Then we'd have Ryans to take over. 

Also there's my favorite theory: maybe we blocked the titans from interviewing because Demeco himself didn't want to interview, and let our FO politely decline for him.

Watching his press conferences i think he can become a HC in the future. Really all depends on how the D will progress in the coming years since i feel its harder for DC's to get a shot than it is for OC's

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I've heard Lynch in a radio interview mention Saleh as a guy that has a HC personality or something along those lines. He's no Jim Tomsula with the microphone in front of him. But yes he's gonna need to put some numbers up to back that up. 

43 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Honestly, I don't hate that. Mayhew is okay, but I feel like maybe he exerts too much influence on Lynch / Shanny? I don't know, I don't like retread guys like Mayhew whom continue to go after "their guys" when those guys are usually the decisions that you made that cost you your original job in the first place. Not that we have done it a ton - just too much scuttle about us going after various people in the past and present because they have a connection to Mayhew. I'm sure that he's been a great help in actually getting LYnch acclimated to this role that he didn't appear to be (let's be frank) qualified for, so there is certainly some merit having  him. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't hate that. Mayhew is okay, but I feel like maybe he exerts too much influence on Lynch / Shanny? I don't know, I don't like retread guys like Mayhew whom continue to go after "their guys" when those guys are usually the decisions that you made that cost you your original job in the first place. Not that we have done it a ton - just too much scuttle about us going after various people in the past and present because they have a connection to Mayhew. I'm sure that he's been a great help in actually getting LYnch acclimated to this role that he didn't appear to be (let's be frank) qualified for, so there is certainly some merit having  him. 

Outside of Laken Tomlinson, who was a low risk type deal, have we gone for any other Mayhew guy? I feel like Peters has done more damage, since he has probably influenced the Kapri Bibbs trade. I don't know that Mayhew has exerted too much influence. And I don't think you can avoid that, really. That's probably the reason why Lynch hired those guys, so he could benefit from their influences, being inexperienced himself. Maybe a John Lynch with 10 years on the job will hire young inexperienced guys, and/or promote from within. But I have no problem with him leaning on experienced guys for the first several years.

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Outside of Laken Tomlinson, who was a low risk type deal, have we gone for any other Mayhew guy? I feel like Peters has done more damage, since he has probably influenced the Kapri Bibbs trade. I don't know that Mayhew has exerted too much influence. And I don't think you can avoid that, really. That's probably the reason why Lynch hired those guys, so he could benefit from their influences, being inexperienced himself. Maybe a John Lynch with 10 years on the job will hire young inexperienced guys, and/or promote from within. But I have no problem with him leaning on experienced guys for the first several years.

I don't want Mayhew going anywhere until Ansah becomes a 9er! Then--and only then--he can do whatever he wants! :D

3 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I still think the Bibbs trade was just a favor to Elway. I think that they were at their max roster limit midway through the draft if I remember right, and needed to shed some roster spots. So Bibbs plus pushing out one pick untnil the following year got them there. I'm pretty sure that's what I read on the Bronco forum last year, but I have no idea how valid it is.