Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Only time will tell if we made the right call in not pursuing these guys. 

Ehh I feel like long term Peter's would have made a difference, but again we would need to resign him in two years. Talib is a short term fix and he's not the same player he use to be. I expect us to spend on a corner for a short term contract and draft a corner in the first 3 rounds for a long term fix.

Having to re-sign a top notch CB would have been a good problem to have. Now, lets see just how much of a problem he is for a team. For the Chiefs to let go of a 25 year old Pro Bowl talent was interesting to say the least. 

9 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I thought the same thing. Wilson, too, though.

Honestly, I think the Rams were actually scared by Brian Hoyer. He put up 39 points on them. Jimmy only 34, against their B team. So yeah, trading for Peters and Talib is OBVIOUSLY a reaction to Brian Hoyer. Like, come on... 

Actually surprised by the Elvis think. I mean, 6.5 sacks isn't great, but he also only played like 30% of the defensive snaps. At 3.5 million or whatever, it really wasn't all that bad. I guess we were serious about giving Eli Harold a shot at LEO....

Watson and Mostert were no brainers given their special teams work.