Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kind of crazy that hikutini ended up fifth in the tight end pecking order when all was said and done and couldn't even make the PS. 

It is missing the dude we signed from San Diego though. Zach Golditch 

Dwelley over Hikutini is somewhat a surprise, but I think the right call. It's clear Hikutini was not going to be anything special. 

I agree with those who believe our current front office get way too hung up on guys they fall in love with, but to their credit, they do move on immediately from those who don't pan out. Cole Hikutini and Joe Williams are great examples. 

I think that's important. Bad franchises will try and force a bad situation down your throat. I like that ours acknowledge mistakes and just move on. That bodes well for us long-term, especially when they hit on a lot.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nothing on Magnuson? 

Great, all we need is a Seattle Seahawk OL lol.

Yeah, nothing yet. it's weird. We haven't put him or Gilliam on IR so far as I can tell, but we have acquired offensive linemen like we are going to

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yeah, nothing yet. it's weird. We haven't put him or Gilliam on IR so far as I can tell, but we have acquired offensive linemen like we are going to

Could be that they will be out for only one or two weeks so putting them on IR basically means they are out for at least 8 weeks. Still have a lot of O-linemen even when we cut the guy we just signed we would still have 9.

I grew up with Matt Tobin. He lived in a small farming community outside of my city, so I competed against him in basketball and football a lot. I used to bully his arse in both because he was huge but quite soft even through high school. Then he got to Iowa and Chris Doyle (S&C coach) got his hands on him and turned his flab into muscle. Next thing you know he is playing for the Niners. Strange world.

• Like 1