Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

A few other takeaways: 

• He had Jets take Rosen over Darnold (Darnold goes #4 to BUF)
  • Chubb falls to Colts 
  • Derwin James to TB 
  • Payne to WAS
  • Hayden Hurst to NO

I love McGinn's work, but I can tell you if Chubb falls to 1.5, it's pretty much a 90+ percent chance Elway's going there.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

But if it's Lamar.....get past ARI?

Let's assume for a second that Arizona is guaranteed to take him IF he's available.  Green Bay has historically not valued future picks very highly, and the lack of a 2nd round pick this year pretty much limits.  Packers aren't moving down from 14 to 27 without HEAVY incentive.  I'm not sure New Orleans has that.  A 1st and 3rd this year plus a 1st next year isn't going to get the Packers to move down IMO.  I just don't see teams moving down that far.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Let's assume for a second that Arizona is guaranteed to take him IF he's available.  Green Bay has historically not valued future picks very highly, and the lack of a 2nd round pick this year pretty much limits.  Packers aren't moving down from 14 to 27 without HEAVY incentive.  I'm not sure New Orleans has that.  A 1st and 3rd this year plus a 1st next year isn't going to get the Packers to move down IMO.  I just don't see teams moving down that far.

I think Green Bay is thinking hard on moving up, no?  It might depend on who's moving back to 1.14.

Agree it would take an insane trade - 2 1sts and a 2nd might be in play.

Just now, Forge said:

Reports are that NO is trying ot make a big move up. Will be interested to see how that works given that they don't have a second rounder this year. 

QB. It's no secret how much Payton loves Jackson. Gotta pass the Patriots.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Reports are that NO is trying ot make a big move up. Will be interested to see how that works given that they don't have a second rounder this year. 

NO 1st, 3rd, 2019 1st & 3rd to whoever owns 14.  To get past ARI.  

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I could easily see Washington do it for a 27, 2018 3rd, and 2019 1st; the same deal the Bills got from KC to move up.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think Green Bay is thinking hard on moving up, no?  It might depend on who's moving back to 1.14.

Agree it would take an insane trade - 2 1sts and a 2nd might be in play.

Honestly, I'd make the argument that they're more in the opportunistic viewpoint.  I think if San Francisco/Oakland are truly interested in taking a tackle, but not at their natural selection I could see them moving down for as little as a 3rd.  I don't see the Packers giving up their 2nd round pick to do so.

As for your proposal, I don't think the Saints would give up their first two 2019 picks.  I think it'd be something like 27, 91, '19 1st, and '19 4th.  Or something along those lines.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I could easily see Washington do it for a 27, 2018 3rd, and 2019 1st; the same deal the Bills got from KC to move up.

I think Miami and Washington are the two teams who are most likely willing to do that deal.  Although, Dan Snyder being the owner kinda makes me think otherwise with Washington.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I'd make the argument that they're more in the opportunistic viewpoint.  I think if San Francisco/Oakland are truly interested in taking a tackle, but not at their natural selection I could see them moving down for as little as a 3rd.  I don't see the Packers giving up their 2nd round pick to do so.

As for your proposal, I don't think the Saints would give up their first two 2019 picks.  I think it'd be something like 27, 91, '19 1st, and '19 4th.  Or something along those lines.

That's fair.  You just know Payton is in win-now mode, but also knows Brees has an expiry date.  

It's kinda funny to see how NO and NYG are taking a completely opposite approach if this were to go down.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Even if they're willing to deal their '19 1st, I don't see a way that they're moving up high enough to draft one of the top 4 QBs.

The Saints are a team with a pretty stacked roster right now overall and a Hall of Fame QB with his window closing. I would guess that they are interested in moving up to ensure getting an impact player, not a future QB.

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I love McGinn's work, but I can tell you if Chubb falls to 1.5, it's pretty much a 90+ percent chance Elway's going there.  

I feel like the remaining 10% chance for you would be Josh Allen.

Archived