Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

Just now, minutemancl said:

Jordan Raanan on twitter hinting an hour ago that the Giants still take Saquon. Raanan is a lot of talk, but he normally has good info shortly before things happen. Plus, he's been extra cautious with draft news ever since he got burned by the Giants taking Engram last year.

If that's the case, and CLE really wants Chubb, the Browns should root for Jets to take Rosen.   If the Browns want a T or CB, then it doesn't matter, they can trade 1.4 to BUF/MIA/ARI.   But if they want Chubb, then they can get additional value with DEN, who probably would move up to 1.4 and give something to move up commensurate with book value.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

Remember what I said a while back that the DEN interview just left every option on the table?   I think that's still the case.

DEN gets an offer they can't pass up to move back into 12-15 range, they'll do it.   But has to come with either 2019 1st or 1.22.   

DEN gets an offer to move up for Darnold that doesn't cost them huge, they'll do it (knowing the leverage they apply is their 1.5 spot gets the other team the guy they still want).

DEN doesn't get enough on either end, they'll take Chubb/Nelson/Barkley at 1.5.   

What happens if/when the draft goes Mayfield/Barkley/Darnold/Chubb?  They're **** up a creek in terms of what they want.  Teams aren't making big moves up for Rosen/Allen knowing they can probably strike a deal with Indianapolis for a fraction of the price that Denver would want.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Moving up from 5 to 2 shouldn't take a future first, especially if the Giants are active sellers. 

If that's the case, then there should be talk, if Darnold is there.   Book value with 1.5 to 1.2 does normally cost a future 1st.  

But if the Gmen are locked into Barkley and not willing to risk Barkley OR Chubb, there's no deal.   Then it's Barkley at 1.2.  Which to me is nuts...but there it is.

If that's the case, then there should be talk, if Darnold is there.   Book value with 1.5 to 1.2 does normally cost a future 1st.  

At a bare minimum, it's a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.  Does Elway do that?

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What happens if/when the draft goes Mayfield/Barkley/Darnold/Chubb?  They're **** up a creek in terms of what they want.  Teams aren't making big moves up for Rosen/Allen knowing they can probably strike a deal with Indianapolis for a fraction of the price that Denver would want.

Absolutely.   It's why I'd prefer they just take Rosen 1.5 and be done with it.

But in that scenario, they then just take Nelson....or Allen.    Why Allen makes me nervous lol.

THAT scenario you just described is DEN's nightmare scenario.   There I pray they were smokescreening Rosen...or they go Nelson, if they don't find a tradeback offer they like.

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

I forgot to add this part about the Chargers. The five players they are targeting at 17 are 3 DTs, 1 LB, and 1 S (the safety is James no doubt). 

Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne, LVE, Derwin James, and Taven Bryan?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Those would be my five, and the DT's in that order.

Frankly, I love LVE, but I said it before, Vea and Payne are different DT's than the usual 0-tech's they're being typecast as.  They have real inside pass rush chops.

Those would be my five, and the DT's in that order.

Frankly, I love LVE, but I said it before, Vea and Payne are different DT's than the usual 0-tech's they're being typecast as.  They have real inside pass rush chops.

Payne yes, Vea no.  Vea gets away because he's so much bigger and stronger than Pac-12 OL.  I don't see him having the same kind of success in the NFL.  That being said, has Denver been linked to LVE?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This is the likely list. Although I would replace LVE with Evans. He fits everything the Chargers look for in a prospect. 

I think the pick is going to be Payne or Evans.

On 4/24/2018 at 3:33 PM, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure he was Reality_Check. Someone else can confirm, but I pretty confident that is what someone had told me previously. He stopped coming around about the time I joined up, but I remember him introducing me to quarterback velocity at the combine...had never heard of it before lol. I could be wrong of course, but I'm pretty sure that's what I remember being told. 

Confirmed.

Archived