Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Payne yes, Vea no.  Vea gets away because he's so much bigger and stronger than Pac-12 OL.  I don't see him having the same kind of success in the NFL.  That being said, has Denver been linked to LVE?

DEN has been linked to LVE, Elway's on record as saying ILB is a need he will address in the draft (I'd say a year late, forget my love for Reuben Foster at 1.20 last year, we should have drafted SOMEONE, but passed completely - ugh).  For obvious reasons, we've not been linked to any Day 1 guys at 1.5.  

Elway's seen a ton of Boise players, and we have a history of taking them, being a regional team.  But that's more likely in a 20's scenario with a 1.12/1.22 trade for 1.5 - which let's face it, I have no idea how realistic that is anymore, with a new top 3 Big Board in play (Mayfield-Barkley-QB).   I think DEN will think more to stand pat or move up to 1.4 for Darnold if CLE wants Chubb.

23 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think it is Evans and Fitzpatrick. Rashaan Evans is going to be a hot commodity I think. There's a pretty good chance he goes before Edmunds even.

22 minutes ago, game3525 said:

This is the likely list. Although I would replace LVE with Evans. He fits everything the Chargers look for in a prospect. 

I think the pick is going to be Payne or Evans.

How important is pass coverage with your ILB's?   Because Evans is more a sideline-to-sideline run guy who is also a pass rush monster on passing downs than a blanket cover guy that LVE represents.

It's why I think LVE gets more love than Evans, in today's NFL that pass coverage skill gets more love than being a pass rush ILB.  If your scheme uses more pass rush, I could see Evans over LVE.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Skins could do that for 13 I think. Future capital and get their 3rd back this year. Maybe get Guice late first now.

If you guys really want Guice, you should be all over that.  He's an awful pick that early value-wise.  2nd best RB, probably IRL.  But 13?  No way.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

If you guys really want Guice, you should be all over that.  He's an awful pick that early value-wise.  2nd best RB, probably IRL.  But 13?  No way.

Agreed. If Guice is the target, make that deal. 

Speaking of Guice, how much does that lying about the interview questions hurt him?

Of everyone we seem to be targeting (Guice, Vea, Payne, the top two safeties), Guice is the only one that would be there. So, I think that's how that trade would have to work. Guice, or maybe a guard? Ragnow? Price? I'm liking it though!

How important is pass coverage with your ILB's?   Because Evans is more a sideline-to-sideline run guy who is also a pass rush monster on passing downs than a blanket cover guy that LVE represents.

It's why I think LVE gets more love than Evans, in today's NFL that pass coverage skill gets more love than being a pass rush ILB.

It is important, but I think Evans is better in coverage then people give him credit for.  The thing about Evans is the team is big on versatility. He can start at SAM and then slide over to Mike if/when Perryman gets hurt. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Of everyone we seem to be targeting (Guice, Vea, Payne, the top two safeties), Guice is the only one that would be there. So, I think that's how that trade would have to work. Guice, or maybe a guard? Ragnow? Price? I'm liking it though!

Seems like the anti-Dan Snyder move though.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Speaking of Guice, how much does that lying about the interview questions hurt him?

If I'm a GM, I certainly don't love it. Does add a certain degree of trust issues with him and it's the Gms that he made look really bad with that crap. Do I think it will kill his stock? No. I think he's still going fringe first, early second. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Considering the investigation was closed with no proof the questions were asked...

Again, it reeks of cover your you know what too. It just depends on who you believe. I don't get why he would make it up. 

Archived