Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

You think it's a legit chance? Or should I change my mock?

Allen being an Elway QB?  Absolutely.  

My 2nd biggest fear before this week was Elway would take Elway would take Allen at 1.5.

My biggest fear was that Elway would trade up to take Allen. 

Now, FWIW, our beat reporters and Allbright are both saying that Elway is only staying at 1.5 for 3 guys - Darnold, Mayfield & Chubb.  All gone, he's trading out.   So take it FWIW, but I will say Elway's usually quite transparent.   So I'd say less likely now (which would be a relief).   But there's still that angle that the Allen-type being exactly who Elway falls for. 

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Now, FWIW, our beat reporters and Allbright are both saying that Elway is only staying at 1.5 for 3 guys - Darnold, Mayfield & Chubb.  All gone, he's trading out. 

Does Elway pull the trigger for 12 and other assets but not 22?

Everything I have seen points to the Bills trying hard to keep pick 22 to add an OL. 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Does Elway pull the trigger for 12 and other assets but not 22?

Everything I have seen points to the Bills trying hard to keep pick 22 to add an OL. 

I don't think so, at least let me put it this way - Elway and Beane probably have a really long staring contest about that.

Because if we get 12 & 22, I'd imagine we get Vea and then look at either LVE or a G at 1.22.  It's getting both guys that makes it worth passing on a 1st-tier, Chubb/Nelson type talent.   It will also obviously depend on who's actually there.  If Darnold makes it to 1.4, I actually think Elway would consider trading up, since it won't likely cost him a 1st or even a 2.40 pick (because only way CLE wants to deal with us is to keep Chubb - if they want T or CB, they'll talk to you guys).   Elway wouldn't get into a bidding war with you guys for 1 spot, though - he'd want to only move up if CLE wants to keep Chubb, then a mutually OK deal can be worked out.

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

A few other takeaways: 

• He had Jets take Rosen over Darnold (Darnold goes #4 to BUF)
  • Chubb falls to Colts 
  • Derwin James to TB 
  • Payne to WAS
  • Hayden Hurst to NO

If you are talking McGinn, you MUST disclose who SF is going with.  @Forge & @49erurtaza will hunt you down if you don't.  Someone can break new stories for the time 49er would be out of commision, but we really shouldn't lose a Forum Mod on Draft Night.   Bad for traffic control.

Archived