Limiting Pass Interference Penalties To A Max Of 15 Yards

gopherwrestler

I feel like it would be more beneficial to have illegal contact as a 5 yard penalty WITHOUT an automatic first down. Make it a repeat down. An automatic first is frustrating, especially when illegal contact could be called on almost every play as the rule is written now.

16 hours ago, Super4 said:

It's the manner in which he gets them, which is often, abusing the ruleset.  I'm not saying it's illegal or not smart, but it's bushleague and really trashy.  It's like you and I making a deal, and you say you'll loan me $5, as long as I pay you back.  Then when it comes time to collect, I tell you I agreed.. but I never specified "when"...

First your analogy makes no sense. And doesn’t relate in any way really. Second, it’s been shown the GB/Rodgers does not benefit more than any other team from this penalty. Third, you have not shown or used examples on how he “abuses” the rule. It’s pretty clear you just have an anti Rodgers/GB bias. 

As for the rule rule I wouldn’t mind seeing it changed to a set yardage. Maybe as someone earlier suggested go to a 25 yard penalty just to make it a little more severe but not a ridiculous 40-50 yard type penalty. 

17 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

First your analogy makes no sense. And doesn’t relate in any way really. Second, it’s been shown the GB/Rodgers does not benefit more than any other team from this penalty. Third, you have not shown or used examples on how he “abuses” the rule. It’s pretty clear you just have an anti Rodgers/GB bias. 

As for the rule rule I wouldn’t mind seeing it changed to a set yardage. Maybe as someone earlier suggested go to a 25 yard penalty just to make it a little more severe but not a ridiculous 40-50 yard type penalty. 

My analogy was less about relatability and more about how aggregious what he does feels.  Also, I sincerely apologize but I'm not going to dredge through every single game that Rodgers has played in, just to find each and every example of my accusations just to appease you and anyone else bias enough not to realize it's true.  The majority of people not named Packer fans also agree with my sentiment, so find somebody else to buy into your ridiculousness.  He very often, abuses the current ruleset (again, you don't have to do anything against the rules in order to abuse something) for his gains, and has shown he doesn't care for how bushleague it is.  It doesn't take away from how great he is without needing to do it, which nearly makes it even worse in alot of people's eyes.

Just stop.  Lol you look foolish for even arguing against it.

32 minutes ago, Super4 said:

My analogy was less about relatability and more about how aggregious what he does feels.  Also, I sincerely apologize but I'm not going to dredge through every single game that Rodgers has played in, just to find each and every example of my accusations just to appease you and anyone else bias enough not to realize it's true.  The majority of people not named Packer fans also agree with my sentiment, so find somebody else to buy into your ridiculousness.  He very often, abuses the current ruleset (again, you don't have to do anything against the rules in order to abuse something) for his gains, and has shown he doesn't care for how bushleague it is.  It doesn't take away from how great he is without needing to do it, which nearly makes it even worse in alot of people's eyes.

Just stop.  Lol you look foolish for even arguing against it.

So I guess you can just throw out baseless claims with no evidence now. You know that’s how debates work. You make a claim and provide supporting evidence of your claim. If these abuses are so prevalent you should be able to just name them off the top of your head with little to no research involved. The “majority” people as you claim is you and one Viking fan. I never said he doesn’t use the rules to his advantage but he doesn’t do it anymore often than any other player in the league except for maybe the 12 men on the field rule. But I would have to look up stats and see if it’s more prevalent while Rodgers is playing versus he rest of the league. 

28 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

So I guess you can just throw out baseless claims with no evidence now.

They're only baseless if you choose to ignores the facts.

If these abuses are so prevalent you should be able to just name them off the top of your head with little to no research involved.

They are prevalent.  Again if you choose to ignore the facts, then I can't be bothered to delve and give you every instance of when it's occured.  Not a game goes by when he doesn't attempt to get atleast one 12 man and/or DPI call in the same play.

The “majority” people as you claim is you and one Viking fan.

Wrong again, champ.  This issue is regulated to this conversation only, so the insight isn't regulated to the comments in this thread either.

I never said he doesn’t use the rules to his advantage

Then if you know already, why are we debating this?  Yes, every player will take what calls are given to them and use them to their advantage.. but his level of abuse is what makes it bushleague.  Especially considering he's so good that it's not necessary.  He'll do it even when blowing a team out.  It's trash. 

4 minutes ago, Super4 said:

They are prevalent.  Again if you choose to ignore the facts, then I can't be bothered to delve and give you every instance of when it's occured.  Not a game goes by when he doesn't attempt to get atleast one 12 man and/or DPI call in the same play.

Wrong again, champ.  This issue is regulated to this conversation only, so the insight isn't regulated to the comments in this thread either.

Then if you know already, why are we debating this?  Yes, every player will take what calls are given to them and use them to their advantage.. but his level of abuse is what makes it bushleague.  Especially considering he's so good that it's not necessary.  He'll do it even when blowing a team out.  It's trash. 

I’m not ignoring any facts. You haven’t provided any facts for me to even consider. I’m just waiting for you to support your claim. Once you offer support for your claim then it is no longer baseless. Like I said he catches teams with 12 men often. I’m not sure if it’s any more often than any other QB in the league or not. He rarely if ever throws a ball intentionally looking for DPI. When he throws it up after getting the 12 men call isn’t looking for DPI. He knows he has a free play so he gives his guy a chance to make a play. 

15 minutes ago, Super4 said:

What facts? I feel like I should meme you but I will just quote the great Inigo Montoya instead: You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

14 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

What facts? I feel like I should meme you but I will just quote the great Inigo Montoya instead: You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Meme me nerd.  Meme me to your heart's content.

23 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I’m not ignoring any facts. You haven’t provided any facts for me to even consider. I’m just waiting for you to support your claim. Once you offer support for your claim then it is no longer baseless. Like I said he catches teams with 12 men often. I’m not sure if it’s any more often than any other QB in the league or not. He rarely if ever throws a ball intentionally looking for DPI. When he throws it up after getting the 12 men call isn’t looking for DPI. He knows he has a free play so he gives his guy a chance to make a play. 

Since 2014, Aaron Rodgers has caught defenses with 12 men on-field 27 times -- 15 more than the next closest which is Andrew Luck.  Also in that time there have been 38 DPI's called -- 9 more than the next closest which is Tom Brady.  5 of those DPI's came as a secondary flag after a flag was thrown for 12 min on-field.  I didn't take into account the 2017 season because he barely played.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

You can find all the numbers there.  Have fun.

19 minutes ago, Super4 said:

Meme me nerd.  Meme me to your heart's content.

Since 2014, Aaron Rodgers has caught defenses with 12 men on-field 27 times -- 15 more than the next closest which is Andrew Luck.  Also in that time there have been 38 DPI's called -- 9 more than the next closest which is Tom Brady.  5 of those DPI's came as a secondary flag after a flag was thrown for 12 min on-field.  I didn't take into account the 2017 season because he barely played.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

You can find all the numbers there.  Have fun.

Hey there you go! Now you’re supporting your arguement with facts! I’ll have to check things out a little more. But your numbers seem to conflict slightly with what @Forge showed earlier. After a quick glance I see where he got his rankings from but I’ll have to look some more to see it broken down by player. The 12 men on the field thing would not surprise me though. I’m not sure why teams still try to substitute. 

1 minute ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Hey there you go! Now you’re supporting your arguement with facts

They were always facts, just apparently not information you were privy to.  Either way, I understand what you were saying it just initially seemed like the typical GB or Rodgers cheerleader and I didn't want to go down this road again.  Oh well, it's all in good fun either way.

Archived