Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4765832/a-full-time-role-can-earn-cameron-fleming-an-extra-1-million

Contract deets on Fleming, Martin, and Looney.

Only $1.25M guaranteed between the three of them. NLTBE incentives in all three of their deals. Currently less than $4M in cap money combined, which is less than $2.5M in immediate impact with the Rule of 51.

We should still have $5-6M in room. I thought we'd be dried up. Not bad.

I'm going to have to retract some of my feelings about FO. They have done very well with FA. 

48 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm going to have to retract some of my feelings about FO. They have done very well with FA. 

I forgot OTC and Spotrac don’t have Hurns up yet so it’s probably closer to $3M, give or take. Oh well, they can make more

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:
1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Thank God their plan A didn't work though

Emphasis on "some of my feelings"... SJ's continued comments lead me to believe their plan A still has legs. Couple this with their talks of moving Collins again...and me feelings are really TBD. They could go down hill real quick.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Emphasis on "some of my feelings"... SJ's continued comments lead me to believe their plan A still has legs. Couple this with their talks of moving Collins again...and me feelings are really TBD. They could go down hill real quick.

Well you never know. They could be eyeing Connor William's with that first pick. And wouldn't that be a badazz line. 

52 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What's the point in cutting him? And how does schultz have that type of info or is this just blowing smoke?

It’s $25M in savings over two years. That’s money for Martin, Lawrence, Irving without sacrificing depth or the ability to re-sign guys in the future (i.e. Dak/Zeke). Their thinking might be the Hurns isn’t a significant downgrade on Dez at the X and they can find a significant upgrade on T-Will at the Z in the draft.

Idk how seriously to take this guy though

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Like I said, think plan A still has legs. 

I hope they don't cut him. As much as I like the Hurns signing, he has had a few injuries the past 2 years.

I rather roll with Dez and Hurns, draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd and get the ready for a bigger role next year.

If Dez has another down year, cut him when the dead money isn't as significant. 

You will also know more about Hurns, your rookie WR and if you have anything in Switzer.

14 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Doubt it.

I am thinking there is something more behind the scenes we don't know about with Dez and Dallas. Maybe his attitude is much worse than anyone realizes. 

My question is, If Dallas really plans on cutting him, why not trade him?, just to get something in return. Not sure how the Cap money would differ  with either move though.

Ok first off:

1. To all of you impatient whiners b'n and moaning how the front office is worthless, doesnt care about ipgrading the team, only cares about ticket sales, have no interest in making the team win, and all the other b.s. nonsense your overreacting nonsense brain spewed from your fingertips onto this forum to the point of trying to make me sound foolish for telling you all to wait and see: I told you so, again. Why does it feel like Im the only Cowboys fan in the world that doesnt overreact to everything and looks upon things realistically?

2. Hurns is a premier #2 wideout. Without Dez there is nothing to Hurns. Dez does not get cut this year without some serious moves at WR. You dont just cut everyplayer who saves you cap space, as Ive said here many times. That would leave money in your pockets with no home to go back to. If Dez is cut, its because theres still a lot of work to be done at WR. But still unlikely.to happen this yr just from the realism of what it would do to Dak, to their new signee in Hurns, and even to Zeke. Next year? Yeah i can see him elsewhere. This year? Just not likely.

3. DONT SLEEP on that OT we signed. He has the movement this team likes and could easily, EASILY slide inside and play guard, and play it well, especially in that pull/stretch/zone manner that made this line play the best season of any OL in my 40+ year history of football, back in 2014. I think he is your new guard - not one of those other two guys.

4. Leone T. is Brice Butler with a more precise route tree. He turns and burns well. Butler could not turn and separate, running the sloppiest routes on the team. Leone is an upgrade.

5. Dont count out Switzer making a splash this season from the slot. And even more so, dont count out Beasley from being that 700/800/900 yard 5/6/7 TD slot machine again, either. Hurns will afford Beasley a chance to run his routes unimpeded again.

6. Whos to say Byron has to play only corner? Said it years ago, ill say it again...he has Ty Law's ability to play either side corner, the slot, the box safety, or the deep safety. We did him no favors keeping his role so generic. He is NOT A CORNER AND HE IS NOT A SAFETY. He is, simply, a defensive back. Hopefully with Richard in the passing game role, he will get some input on how to utilize Byrons pocket knife skillset. He wont be a stud corner or safety, but he could be an outstanding DB.

Archived