Second Round Pick Poll

dll2000

Second Round Pick Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take with the 2nd Round pick (39)?

• G WILL HERNANDEZ - UTEP
    • TE DALLAS GOEDERT - SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
    • WR CHRISTIAN KIRK - TEXAS A&M
    • WR JAMES WASHINGTON - OKLAHOMA STATE
    • OT KOLTON MILLER - UCLA
    • TE MARK ANDREWS - OKLAHOMA
    • WR SIMMIE COBBS JR. - INDIANA
    • EDGE ARDEN KEY - LSU
    • CB DONTE JACKSON - LSU
    • DT Taven Bryan, Florida
    • CB Carlton Davis, Auburn

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/2018 at 01:17 AM

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Yeah but as I said they clearly felt comfortable with Leno and we have very little pass rush...I would say talent wise alone he made the right call.

At the time one guy was a top 5 pick who was falling because of off field issues and the other was a mid 1st round pick. What they have become is secondary to what they were on that night.

There really is no evidence of Pace taking character risks. We do not know everything about guys backups, but his picks have been team leader, small town, mommas boy types. I cannot think of any pick that has even come with a little off field interest.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There really is no evidence of Pace taking character risks. We do not know everything about guys backups, but his picks have been team leader, small town, mommas boy types. I cannot think of any pick that has even come with a little off field interest.

That's because you've been paying attention. Pace values character, especially football character, greatly.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

At the time one guy was a top 5 pick who was falling because of off field issues and the other was a mid 1st round pick. What they have become is secondary to what they were on that night.

Floyd was not a mid 1st rounder...he was nailed on going to the Giants had we not made a move...

Yes his picks have been safe so far but that doesn't mean he will not take a chance on talent...and as I said anyone from the Andy Reid tree will.

This is a difficult exercise without knowing FA or round 1. On pure talent I think Key is #1. If he’s off the board then I actually like Hernandez a whole lot there. I think he’s gonna be a monster. For me he’s on par as a prospect with Kirk. I’m assuming though that by pick 39 one of them won’t be a 2nd round need. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

This is a difficult exercise without knowing FA or round 1. On pure talent I think Key is #1. If he’s off the board then I actually like Hernandez a whole lot there. I think he’s gonna be a monster. For me he’s on par as a prospect with Kirk. I’m assuming though that by pick 39 one of them won’t be a 2nd round need. 

This is pretty true, it's very difficult to know our plan without seeing our FA or our 1st rounder..... Ridley in 1 for example, would almost certainly eliminate a WR in the 2nd.... and Hernandez-OG wouldn't make much sense if we got Nelson-OG in 1.

That being said, from the provided list I'd probably rank the talents:

Kirk-WR, Hernandez-OG, Key-OLB,  DonteJackson-CB.... and I'd have Washington-WR at least in consideration depending on his combine. (I'm not Washington's biggest fan, but if he puts up good-great 40, 3-cone, and vert.... it'd be tough to argue)

I'd also add that I really like Tyrell Crosby-OT around that range and would probably have him near the top of my list to consider with Kirk-WR and Hernandez-OG

48 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

IMO we need one offensive player in the first two rounds, if not both.  Nelson and Kirk/Washington sounds good to me.  Ridley and O-lineman or a pass rusher would be good as well. 

Outside of the CB market FA is pretty bare on defense IMO. I could see us going heavy on O in FA with 2 FA WR to be in our 2018 top 3 with Meredith and adding a G/C to replace Sitton. If that’s the case then to me D is the more pressing early need. I’m of the opinion that with one more really good ILB and a stud pass rusher opposite Floyd our D could be a legit top 5 unit this year. I don’t think we can really fill either of those roles in FA. That’s not going to stop you from adding a talented WR to work in in round 4 of a deep WR draft or developmental depth specifically at RT to replace Massie either. 

I am not sure Hernandez fits the physical mood of Nagy or Pace.

Both come from teams where they convert a lot of tall-long OTs to OGs. The shortest OG in KC is 6’5” and in New Orleans when Pace was there they were 6’4” and 6’5” and both played OT in college.

Hernandez is probably too much of a phone booth guy for this offense. A little bit like Sitton.

46 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure Hernandez fits the physical mood of Nagy or Pace.

Both come from teams where they convert a lot of tall-long OTs to OGs. The shortest OG in KC is 6’5” and in New Orleans when Pace was there they were 6’4” and 6’5” and both played OT in college.

Hernandez is probably too much of a phone booth guy for this offense. A little bit like Sitton.

He’s shorter at 6’2” but length wise his arms are 3/4” shorter than those of Zach Fulton (not a HUGE deal IMO), and I read quite a bit about his move skills during Senior Bowl week. The NFL.com primer on him praises his ability to pull and his lateral movement too. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s shorter at 6’2” but length wise his arms are 3/4” shorter than those of Zach Fulton (not a HUGE deal IMO), and I read quite a bit about his move skills during Senior Bowl week. The NFL.com primer on him praises his ability to pull and his lateral movement too. 

Hernandez reminds me a lot of a guy from TT a few years ago, that i cant think of his name for the life of me right now.  Also my pick for most bench reps this week.

Archived