2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

Thanks for posting this man, nice to get all the information easily in one spot.

Kolton Miller and Brian O'Neill really impressed with those numbers, and both I had maybe late 1st rounders but more likely 2nd.  Now could easily move into the 1st round especially Miller.  Freaking 6-8 309 and run a 4.95 40, that is impressive, and on the field he impressed as well for a tackle with his length and athletic ability.  Really any OL with a 40 under 5.0 is impressive...

And Saquon killing it at the combine is no real surprise, nice to see him back up that athletic ability officially.  Also the talk of him not being a good between the tackles runner is BS.  Look at that freaking offensive system, it is a wonder he was able to run the ball at all with no FB and no real TE blocking and a OL that is not all that great either.  

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The fawning over interviews never ceases to amaze me.

I think it's a largely subjective thing.  All coaches and GM's are going to utilize coachspeak to some degree or another, but some also don't exactly do the best job keeping their cards close to their vests if you go back and analyze what was said with the knowledge of what ending up happening.  Obviously, things change at a moment's notice during the draft based upon other clubs doing something you didn't expect them to do, but that doesn't not make certain staffs fairly predictable.

Trends very much exist and are useful predictors.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I think it's a largely subjective thing.  All coaches and GM's are going to utilize coachspeak to some degree or another, but some also don't exactly do the best job keeping their cards close to their vests if you go back and analyze what was said with the knowledge of what ending up happening.  Obviously, things change at a moment's notice during the draft based upon other clubs doing something you didn't expect them to do, but that doesn't not make certain staffs fairly predictable.

Trends very much exist and are useful predictors.

I meant the prospect interviews.

28 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Worth pointing out, and I admit I haven't listened to all the coaches' pressers yet, but Anthony Lynn is someone I distinctly recall hearing call him "a very good quarterback" and has also stressed (this sounds more like coachspeak to me, but you get where I'm going) that they'll take 'the best player available at #17" and that "they fit their scheme to the players."  I don't know if I'm sold that the Chargers would take him at #17, but if he falls to the mid-20's, I wouldn't actually be shocked if they traded up from the 2nd using future picks to get him under the 5th year option.

xM3NH4F.gif

41 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Good.  Everyone knows he's an elite athlete.  No need to make the fools out there calling for him to be a WR use his athletic testing numbers to overshadow what he can do throwing the ball.

I don't need to see Lamar Jackson run or jump to know he's as good as we've ever seen at the position athletically.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Also, anyone else having a problem getting hyped about Brian O'Neill's quality 40 and more so 3-cone times due to the eye-test on his lower-body?  Granted, I had the same concerned about DJ Humphries coming out and he's eventually come good, but I have a hard time getting past O'Neill's chicken legs.

He no doubt will have to work on his functional strength at the next level, in order to improve himself as a run blocker, but he can easily be a solid LT pass blocker from day 1.

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Debatable on Jones.  He's a former HS 100-meter runner whose posted a 10.83 in that event and acceleration was one of his strong points.  He had a good chance to hit the really low 4.4's and potential break 4.4 IMO.

But ultimately, you hit the nail on the head in that people can't just look at the 40-time and start crossing guys off lists.  You have to look for that time and the 3-cone and short-shuttle to confirm or deny what you see on tape as to how the guy wins on the field.

I disagree Jones is not nearly as fast as Charles. In college Charles ran as fast as 10.18 in the 100m, and consistently ran around 10.2. He even made it to nationals in college track, and ran some of the fastest high school hurdle times ever recorded. Always thought Jones was a bad comparison for Charles.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Consider this....

O.oO.oO.o

I don't know- numbers, yeah, I get it. But what's more important are those mystic Intangibles, the things that can't be measured in cold hard stats. And that to me is what Saquon has- he's more quick than fast; he has vision; he has intelligence; he knows how to set up his blockers, and follow those blockers; he's a good blocker himself for a teammate; he's got HEART. To me, he's got a chance to be a Rocky Bleier/ Jim Kiick-type of special All-Around running back! Maybe not the type to necessarily get you 150 yards rushing per game- but the kind of a guy you can win the Super Bowl with!!!

Image result for Rocky Bleier Image result for Jim Kiick

35 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I disagree Jones is not nearly as fast as Charles. In college Charles ran as fast as 10.18 in the 100m, and consistently ran around 10.2. He even made it to nationals in college track, and ran some of the fastest high school hurdle times ever recorded. Always thought Jones was a bad comparison for Charles.

Jones pulled up lame in his 40. We will not know his real timing till his pro day.

Archived