2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

So they really are calling Griffin’s official 40 a 4.38? If this was another player with .2 seconds off in times would they do that? I want the guy to be just as successful as anyone but... I don’t know if that is right.

The simulcast with him and his twin was basically the same. The simulcast with him, Julio, Elliott, and Sherman showed him clearly in the lead. He got a bad start on his 2nd run. It happens.

Just now, IDOG_det said:

The simulcast with him and his twin was basically the same. The simulcast with him, Julio, Elliott, and Sherman showed him clearly in the lead. He got a bad start on his 2nd run. It happens.

Didn’t see the simulcast. Good for him. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Chubb is better with his hands and eyes than Barnett.

Eyes, I'll give.  Hands... kind of have to break it into pieces.  He's better than Barnett in terms of post-initial contact (he sheds better than Barnett does) and definitely pummels better.  Barnett lands a better and more consistent initial punch.  Chubb just needs to show a bit more control - the violence is nice, if not preferable, he just needs to strike the chest plate more consistently to open up that counter-move or rip because it slides up the breastplate and inside the shoulder more than I'd like to see.  Again, it's just a consistency thing.  Chubb definitely sees it, he just needs to do it more efficiently (I'm not talking effectiveness - when it lands right, his handwork is more effective than Barnett's is, but efficiency is the other end of that equation).

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

That’s all we need... another athlete with a Superman nickname. 

With the way Cam dresses for press conferences, I'm pretty sure he's indicating he's ready to transition to being Bizarro.

50 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

ok

I know it's just a highlight tape, but this dude is about 6,000x more productive than Josh Sweat was. He's incredibly talented as is Sweat. McIntosh just made a much bigger impact than Josh Sweat ever did.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. Sweat is a pretty consistent guy. He's had injury issues across his time at FSU, but I thought he was an impressive player. Hes smart and he lined up at different positions across the DL in college. His athleticism on display at the combine suggests he's better than what he's done production wise. If a team trusts their medical staff I can see him contributing quickly. He reminds me a lot of Carl Lawson, but a little better of a run defender while Lawson had more moves as a pass rusher coming out.

33 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Why is that exactly? 

A lot of people say the drills are irrelevant. For a guy such as Griffin who is doubted, he has a chance to prove himself on a big stage, that he can outperform the top guys at his position that were at bigger programs.

Archived