2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

30 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m skinny fat but I run in the 4.8-4.9 range at this point. 

That's not what I hear! - An anonymous NFC scout said that @Counselor came in "ripped to shreds", and ran a 4.45 "and it didn't seem like he was even trying!"

1 hour ago, Forge said:

it's kind of crazy when a guy who's 6'5 250 runs 4.55 and it's almost an after thought because of what Griffin and Carter just did lol

Lmao I was just thinking the same thing.

12 minutes ago, raiderrocker18 said:

yeah i dont see that much barr in edmunds. collins is a better comp

Thank you.  I think DJ is projecting a bit here - which is fine, but Barr was a RB-to-LB convert and UCLA was running a weird scheme (in terms of assignments) under Ulbrich back then.  And I bring up the scheme because of a discussion @Rich7sena and I were having on Twitter where the main concern I had with Barr when he was coming out were that his instincts looked a tick slow/indecisive in terms of recognize/process/convert which are clearly not the case now watching him play as pro.  So it's possible (if not likely) that UCLA was dumbing-down his assignments because he was a convert and still learning the position and that that could have read on tape as slower instincts.

I see the same instinct concern (that's a big word, but it looks like on tape that there are repeated instances where he's compensating for slower recognize and react and compensates with premier athleticism) with Edmunds - and when you're talking guys who can go Top 10 you kind of need to split hairs like this.  I see way more of Collins in him than I do Barr.

18 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Nice to see Josh Sweat kill the combine. He should be picked higher than the fellow second rounders FSU has had at the edge spot.

He's probably a top 10 pick right now if his knee wasn't liable to explode on any down.

33 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Doesn't the combine sheet teams use have a whole bunch of different (stopwatch) times on it anyway?

Yeah they use a stop watch but if the times of the runs are really that far off then the average is going to be the only one that matters because one of them could easily be an outlier.

31 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

No that was me he was talking about.

Maybe. What I heard was, you ran a high of 4.47, and an @Jlowe22 of 4.43, so I guess that averages out to 4.45?

What they're really raving about is your attributes. Same scout: "That Lowe kid? He got right in the face of the biggest guy on the field" (Orlando Brown) "-when he was goofing off, and he hollered, 'Move it, Fat Boy!!'- Now, that's what I call a LEADER!"

31 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He's probably a top 10 pick right now if his knee wasn't liable to explode on any down.

Not even close. If Sweat was completely healthy he wouldn't be getting top 10 buzz. He's too inconsistent when he's on the field and appears disinterested and lazy too often. Most DL take plays off, but he's either terrible or lazier than most of the DE's that go in the first few rounds. He's going to get bumped into the 2nd round right now based on pure upside, but he's been a disappointment on the field for Florida State. There were games where he was completely invisible against trash OT's.

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Not even close. If Sweat was completely healthy he wouldn't be getting top 10 buzz. He's too inconsistent when he's on the field and appears disinterested and lazy too often. Most DL take plays off, but he's either terrible or lazier than most of the DE's that go in the first few rounds. He's going to get bumped into the 2nd round right now based on pure upside, but he's been a disappointment on the field for Florida State. There were games where he was completely invisible against trash OT's.

I disagree. He's well put together, strong at the POA, does well against the run, and he does provide pass rush ability. He's a much better athlete then what he's put on tape. I think he's a top 40 pick no matter what. If his medicals check out he's a fine top 32 choice whether it's 4-3 DE or 3-4 RLB

EDIT: Miami biases.

Archived