Men's fashion

sunnygsm

10 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Might be a silly question, but whats general upkeep and cleaning of a suit like? How do you clean a tie? 

I just dry clean it. There's a place next to the old apartment my wife and I lived in - really nice people, do a great job. Runs me anywhere between $60-100 bucks a month.

Great thread. 

Defintely agree about having a good base of basics. It's super hot where I live so right now it's basically...

Work: Grey/Black/Tan chinos or golf type shorts with tucked in button up/polo depending on the day and various nikes/adidas/NoBulls. 

Day to Day: shorts just above the knee with various plain (good fit) t shirts in assorted colors or a nice polo/Henley. Love me some Henleys and either my Reef flip flops, AllBirds, or Converse  

Come winter I'm defintely going to look to add to my boot collection. Right now I've got two different pairs of brown boots, one insulated and waterproof but still pretty casual looking and the other is much more casual and a rough leather look. 

Im looking for a nice pair of dark grey boots to add to my collection (on a college student budget) any suggestions?

12 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Or you don't spend your money on crap you don't need, walk to work and have no need for a car, get fortunate enough but not too fortunate because someone you loved died and left you a lot of money, buy your first house outright in cash at 28 years old and live well below your means while living a non-extravagant lifestyle and while not only avoiding but not enjoying material items such as clothes and fashion accessories.  ;)

Clothing isn't going to be the deciding factor on retirement age most likely and certainly won't delay it 25 years.

It also isn't any more expensive to buy clothes that fit as opposed to ones that don't.

And I'd like to meet these women who apparently would much prefer a guy who doesn't own a car and dresses like a hobo but is "retired" at 40 as opposed to the guy with a job, wardrobe and automobile. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And I'd like to meet these women who apparently would much prefer a guy who doesn't own a car and dresses like a hobo but is "retired" at 40 as opposed to the guy with a job, wardrobe and automobile.

I'd actually like to avoid those women, because if all they are worried about is the number in your bank account, then they're not exactly interested in you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

I don't even know what I'd do for 25-40+ years if I retired at 40. Probably get bored a lot. 

Chances are if you are retiring at 40, money isn't an object. Which means you are either sickeningly rich or have decided to live as a hobbit.

If it's the former, I'm sure you would find something to pass the time!

Just now, TENINCH said:

Whatever floats your boat. If that is what makes you happy then do it. You only have one life. Don't waste is worrying about other peoples opinions.

Thing is, I'm happy when I think people look at me and think to themselves "that's a sharp dressed man".

I also enjoyed being complimented on my attire. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not going to wear something completely out of my comfort zone for other people's approval. But at the same time, I'm a sociable person and my appearance is important to me.