Men's fashion

sunnygsm

13 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

My arms are really big, so I don't have a baggy sleeve issue.

I don't care for fashionable street clothing, but I like to wear a nice suit when I get the opportunity. 

Same, I love wearing a suit that fits right, but 99% of the time I'm a T-shirt and jeans guy.  I'm big in the shoulders and back so I tend to avoid anything tight fitting as it usually doesn't feel right.  My arms aren't huge or anything, but I don't have a big sleeve issue either.  I'm more of a core strength guy than arms.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

IMO, skinny jeans aren’t for anyone.

Some can “pull them off”, but I look at skinny jeans the same as bell bottoms or JNCO’s, a fad that in a few years you’ll look back and say “what was I thinking?”.

Skinny dudes don’t look as bad wearing them, but anyone who is remotely chubby, just know you look like a fat, dumpy woman if you’re wearing them. Slim cut or athletic cut, depending on body type.

What do you define as skinny? 

Like in the picture on the last page, I wouldn't call that skinny. That is just well-fitting and would never be out of style. 

16 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

What do you define as skinny? 

Like in the picture on the last page, I wouldn't call that skinny. That is just well-fitting and would never be out of style. 

Those aren’t skinny, but I have tried jeans like these in the past.

for the thick thighed and pretty eyed folk, they sure look awkward, and almost trying to show off. Not a fan of that look.

9 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Where does one find shoes like this? I'm always looking when I'm in the US but never seem to have much luck.

Go to a red wing store in your area- go to the red wing heritage website and look for distributors

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I have no idea the meaning of the words you say! What is a typical chain store that would carry quality ones? I don't order shoes online.

Every shoe store or department store will likely have some brand of chukka boot (chukka is a style of boot).

Red Wing makes great boots, but can be pricey for some. If you want to spend any much cash, go for it, they’re great and they’ll last a long time if you take care of them.

Clarks is another brand well known for chukkas and are widely available and under a hundred bucks.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is helpful.  My pair of brown dress shoes is falling apart and i was trying to find something that didn't look strange with jeans.  This should work.  Although i'm not paying $240 haha. 

1 minute ago, theJ said:

This is helpful.  My pair of brown dress shoes is falling apart and i was trying to find something that didn't look strange with jeans.  This should work.  Although i'm not paying $240 haha. 

Lol, $240 is cheap for Red Wings.

Clarks are a good choice for around a hundred.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol, $240 is cheap for Red Wings.

Clarks are a good choice for around a hundred.

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Clarks are terrific. Definitely my choice for <$100.

Thanks for the recommendation.  There's a DSW near me that carries them i believe. 

Those that are more into fashion - would these look good with a gray suit as well as jeans?  I'm in a wedding later this year and wanted to get some new brown shoes to go with the suit (groom only dictated brown dress shoes, no particular style).  I'm not one to own 10 different pairs of shoes, so i'm trying to find something that works in both situations.  

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/clarks-bushacre-2-chukka-boot/338460?activeColor=215&size=9

338460_215_ss_01?$pdp-image$