Men's fashion

sunnygsm

On 11/17/2019 at 8:48 PM, Heimdallr said:

cross post to the travel thread...

Does anyone have any tips for buying custom suits? I’m going to Milan and Paris for work in a few months and want to take the opportunity to buy a bespoke suit. I don’t wear a suit regularly for work, but at this point in my life I’m willing to spend a few thousand for a great suit that’ll last 30+ years for interviews, weddings, etc..

Any recommended tailors in Italy?

Go to India instead. Same quality, better service, and you can pry get three suits, shirts and ties, tailored and fit for $1000. No point paying prices in Milan or Paris. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Go to India instead. Same quality, better service, and you can pry get three suits, shirts and ties, tailored and fit for $1000. No point paying prices in Milan or Paris. 

I think the point was that he's going to be in Milan or Paris anyway.  He's not going to India.

• Like 5

On 11/23/2019 at 10:03 AM, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Indian suits =/= Italian suits

Italian suits are la crème de la crème 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bringing this back up.  I already started a T-shirt company during the pandemic and now I have an idea I would like to start within the next 3-5 years.  My cousin is getting married in Italy next fall so I will be making a stop in Milan to check out as much as possible.  Any suggestions for research purposes? Anyone have experience with a clothing line?

And while we're here anyone get anything nice for Christmas?  I plan on using a bunch of Christmas money for a new winter coat.  I got a pair of driving shoes, a casual pair of shoes for jeans/khakis and looking at another pair of sneakers.  Gotta get all of the colors covered lol. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Bringing this back up.  I already started a T-shirt company during the pandemic and now I have an idea I would like to start within the next 3-5 years.  My cousin is getting married in Italy next fall so I will be making a stop in Milan to check out as much as possible.  Any suggestions for research purposes? Anyone have experience with a clothing line?

And while we're here anyone get anything nice for Christmas?  I plan on using a bunch of Christmas money for a new winter coat.  I got a pair of driving shoes, a casual pair of shoes for jeans/khakis and looking at another pair of sneakers.  Gotta get all of the colors covered lol. 

Shoes, boots and a watch maybe.