Aaron Rodgers and new contract

Golfman

I'm good on this argument. This forum won't let me portray my true emotion on what I think about trading Rodgers lol.

We'll ride Aaron until he retires, then we may suck for a year or two and Gute will get his big chance to pick his franchise QB. This is the natural ebb and flow of the NFL. You have a franchise QB, he retires, you stink and draft puts you in the spot to get the next QB.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We'll ride Aaron until he retires, then we may suck for a year or two and Gute will get his big chance to pick his franchise QB. This is the natural ebb and flow of the NFL. You have a franchise QB, he retires, you stink and draft puts you in the spot to get the next QB.

How often has riding with the aging QB worked out for a team? 

Peyton Manning doesn't count.  The Broncos won that year in spite of him, and you know it. 

I'm not saying it will happen, GM's don't have the balls to trade franchise QB's simply because of PR fallback, but it would be better long term for the franchise.  ARod isn't the turnover machine Favre was.

I'm a huge ARod fan by the way and wanted Favre traded the day we drafted him.  When he fell to us I won the lottery, prior to the fall wanted Justin Tuck or Justin Miller (was I wrong :/) ..........back in the About forum days.....I won so much cash betting on Cali,  loved ARod more than any other college player....

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Remember when some of y'all wanted to trade Rodgers because "we have Hundley?" Yeah. Let's not do that again.

Literally nobody said this, and if they did, literally nobody was being serious.  Also, for all the whining and complaining you do, you sure don't talk football.  At all.  Maybe once actually offer input instead of whining about football conversation that goes on.  If you're capable that is. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

How often has riding with the aging QB worked out for a team? 

Peyton Manning doesn't count.  The Broncos won that year in spite of him, and you know it. 

The Saints just had a revival with Brees, Brady is fine, Manning broke all the NFL records in his late 30s, Favre should've won a SB in Minny at almost 40 if he didn't Favre, recent history tells me we'll be just fine.

Just now, fattlipp said:

I'm not saying it will happen, GM's don't have the balls to trade franchise QB's simply because of PR fallback, but it would be better long term for the franchise.  ARod isn't the turnover machine Favre was.

I just wish Ted Thompson had the balls to trade Favre away.  I feel like Rodgers could have won a Super Bowl with this team early in his career. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The Saints just had a revival with Brees, Brady is fine, Manning broke all the NFL records in his late 30s, Favre should've won a SB in Minny at almost 40 if he didn't Favre, recent history tells me we'll be just fine.

How many Super Bowls have the revival Saints won?  How many Super Bowls did Peyton Manning win with his excellence?  How many Super Bowls DID Favre win? 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

lol okay, whatever you say. Point still stands. It's beyond ludicrous to trade Rodgers. 

Says the person who offers literally zero input, reasons, speculation or conversation on the matter and instead laughs it off as smugly as one possibly can while continuing to add nothing to the conversation. 

I literally dare you to discuss football instead of **** on people who do.  Try it.

I bet you ten thousand dollars I can find someone who suggested we trade Favre in... Say after his worst year.  2005.  I bet you ten thousand dollars I could find someone who suggested it, and then someone who said, "It's beyond ludicrous to trade Favre." 

But you're so damn smart you don't even have to provide any conversation to prove your point, right?  Or you're just an ***. 

How many Super Bowls have the revival Saints won?  How many Super Bowls did Peyton Manning win with his excellence?  How many Super Bowls DID Favre win? 

You realize there is a 1 in 32 chance to win one of these right? The way you talk about them it's like you feel it's a participation trophy you get for being a good team. That all time great LOB won a single SB, this Vikes defense of the last 3-4 years, 0 SBs, the Chiefs had a defense that was 3 times top 5, no worse than 12th for a 6 year stretch from 2010 to 2015, no SB appearances, that 2009 Ryan/Pettine defense (the best defense this decade) didn't make the SB. Only multiple winning teams? Had franchise QBs. 

Says the person who offers literally zero input, reasons, speculation or conversation on the matter and instead laughs it off as smugly as one possibly can while continuing to add nothing to the conversation. 

I literally dare you to discuss football instead of **** on people who do.  Try it. 

I'll have a legitimate conversation with you the moment you can act like an adult instead of an emotional pre-teen girl.

The simple fact is, every single team chases a franchise quarterback. You don't trade away one, especially an all-time great, because you're not happy with how the ******* defense is in March. Good god.

Why don't you make another Aaron Rodgers depreciation thread while you're at it.

Archived