Aaron Rodgers and new contract

Golfman

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Aaron Rodgers was our starting QB in 2006, he would be retired somewhere known as the bust that Ted used to end Favre's career. Those 3 years in Mac's QB school made Aaron who he is.

so ARod wouldn't have recovered?, so Steve Young is more resiient your saying?

or Tim Couch or Heath Schuller could have been the GOAT if brought along slower...

Lol ARod was great great great at Cali, he had it then.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Not school X, a coach who ran a specific system at multiple schools and trained QB's to play a way that his teams would be successful. Same way that people look at Baker Mayfield and say "how will he play in a pro style offense?" Spread QB's are struggling making fast transitions to the NFL. Well QB's couldn't be successful moving from the Tedford system to the NFL in the early 2000s. 

RB's are not scheme specific guys, so that comparison doesn't hold water.

Plus, Carter was an injury bust, not a talent bust. You can't predict injuries.

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How often has riding with the aging QB worked out for a team? 

Peyton Manning doesn't count.  The Broncos won that year in spite of him, and you know it. 

Tom Brady says hi.

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Remind me what everyone thought of Foles before he became the starter.  You're making my point for me.  You want to be steering the conversation towards Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Drew Brees.  You don't want to be steering this conversation towards Nick Foles. 

The Eagles aren't a great an example of why you don't need quality QB play.  Nick Foles played pretty average football in the regular season (he had a great game and then an awful one).  The Eagles were in the position they were in late in that season because of elite, MVP caliber football from their QB not because they had a great defense and a mediocre QB.  Nick Foles inherited a #1 seed and had nothing to do with the team's success before the Carson Wentz injury. 

Nick Foles showed the world that anyone can get hot for a couple games, he did not show us that just any warm body QB can carry a team through a season, into the playoffs and too a Super Bowl win.  Nick Foles had one of the best Super Bowls in NFL history but that doesn't mean he's capable of getting a team through a season. 

44 minutes ago, SSG said:

The Eagles aren't a great an example of why you don't need quality QB play.  Nick Foles played pretty average football in the regular season (he had a great game and then an awful one).  The Eagles were in the position they were in late in that season because of elite, MVP caliber football not because they had a great defense and a mediocre QB.  Nick Foles inherited a #1 seed and had nothing to do with the team's success before the Carson Wentz injury. 

Nick Foles showed the world that anyone can get hot for a couple games, he did not show us that just any warm body QB can carry a team through a season, into the playoffs and too a Super Bowl win.  Nick Foles had one of the best Super Bowls in NFL history but that doesn't mean he's capable of getting a team through a season.

This is true.

5 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Yup. A slightly above average defense wins us that championship game in Seattle and the divisional in Arizona

C'mon.  We won the Seattle game, except for a series of unfortunate mistakes in a short period of time.  I hate when players make "we lost; they didn't win" types of comments, but the Packers just made a series of weird, catastrophic mistakes.  

1 hour ago, SSG said:

The Eagles aren't a great an example of why you don't need quality QB play.  Nick Foles played pretty average football in the regular season (he had a great game and then an awful one).  The Eagles were in the position they were in late in that season because of elite, MVP caliber football not because they had a great defense and a mediocre QB.  Nick Foles inherited a #1 seed and had nothing to do with the team's success before the Carson Wentz injury. 

I think you just made your own argument there.  What if Foles doesn't get hot?  The Eagles aren't Super Bowl champions.  And who do you trust more to get hot, Aaron Rodgers or Nick Foles?

McCarthy tweaked his mechanics but that still required Rodgers to work at it and buy into the changes. A lot of QB's when asked to rebuild their mechanics can't or simply fail. 

But the pupil has surpassed the master and that was a long, long time ago. Rodgers carries this team and carries his head coach as well.

5 hours ago, fattlipp said:

so ARod wouldn't have recovered?, so Steve Young is more resiient your saying?

or Tim Couch or Heath Schuller could have been the GOAT if brought along slower...

Lol ARod was great great great at Cali, he had it then.

This is one of the weirdest posts I think I've ever read on this site. It doesn't make a single bit of sense from the first to last word.

1 hour ago, StinkySauce said:

C'mon.  We won the Seattle game, except for a series of unfortunate mistakes in a short period of time.  I hate when players make "we lost; they didn't win" types of comments, but the Packers just made a series of weird, catastrophic mistakes.  

And in AZ - if Sam Shields hangs on to the INTs that bounced off his hands - that game flow certainly would have been different and we'd probably have won. I believe - not certain anymore, but believe if Shields holds on to those INTs, you can write off the subsequent AZ scores. At least one of them - cant remember if it was both.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I think you just made your own argument there.  What if Foles doesn't get hot?  The Eagles aren't Super Bowl champions.  And who do you trust more to get hot, Aaron Rodgers or Nick Foles?

If Nick Foles doesn't get hot we aren't hearing the argument that all you need is a good defense and that the caliber of QB doesn't matter.

I don't think Nick Foles playing a couple good games in the playoffs means we can just plug any ol career back up into the QB position and that with a good defense is all you need to win a Super Bowl.

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This is one of the weirdest posts I think I've ever read on this site. It doesn't make a single bit of sense from the first to last word.

lost the quote chain some, people were saying ARod was only great because he sat behind Favre for 3 years and coached up by Mac, or he would have busted... simply not true IMO,  Arod was great a Cali, like better than Luck at Standford IMO.  Arod would have been Arod in any system,.

Archived