The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

On 11/02/2020 at 5:41 PM, JetsandI said:

Is that the same as Reelz channel?   I watched it on reelz.   Suffering CTE before 30 years old is ridiculously scary.

Yeah man very scary stuff. I think his childhood and other problems added to the trauma and basically sent him on a very dark road which has ultimately ended with four people dead and many more lives ruined 

On 2/10/2020 at 7:24 AM, xenajets said:

I watched the Aaron Hernandez Netflix documentary over the weekend. Just insane! I was lost for words at the end. Has anyone watched it yet and if so what’s your thoughts? 

Craziest part about the whole thing IMO is that with each murder investigation law enforcement struggled to ever find a motive that would tie Hernandez to the crime. Goes to show just how out of touch with reality the dude was to act in such senseless rage which was probably in part because of the CTE he sustained.

A buddy of mine played at Florida and before the documentary aired was telling me about how their lawyer helped Hernandez get away with murder while at UF. Just a tragic story of what could've been.

2 hours ago, Classic said:

What are the Jets plans for Free Agency. You guys were big players in Free Agency last year. Mosley, Bell, Trumaune Johnson etc

What should we expect from Darnold in year 3? 

Tru was a few years ago. Massive bust, likely cut.

Probably going to deal away Bell since Gase isn't a fan. 

If Robby Anderson isn't resigned we will need to bring in one in FA aswell as draft some.

I'm hopeful we will target Oline in Fa, allowing us to get some good young playmakers in the draft

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Name has failed me for long time.    20 something years ago, I visited DC and ate at some ESPN restaurant or sports bar.  Do you guys know if it is still operating today?  If so, name please.

thanks.

Not sure if that's it was but  Grand Slam Sports Bar under hotel in DC was closed permanently.  I don't recall anything about hotel, though.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:23 PM, JetsandI said:

Name has failed me for long time.    20 something years ago, I visited DC and ate at some ESPN restaurant or sports bar.  Do you guys know if it is still operating today?  If so, name please.

thanks.

I found it.  It was ESPN Zone.   Now I have no reason to stay longer in DC.  

• 2 weeks later...

Few months ago I left my job in finance to join a ground level start up in the travel trade space. Safe to say that decision is being tested right about now lol. The mass hysteria ensuing across the country is unprecedented and hard to grasp, my industry in particular has all but stopped functioning. Curious as to how some of you are being effected? Also, if anyone with actual knowledge of the virus would like to shed some light, by all means ..  

I will start working from home beginning next week, and have heard rumors from those in the know that NYC will go into a full blown lockdown/Quarantine  this weekend.  Personally, I haven't bought into the dramatics but do expect things to get worse before they get better. 

3 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Few months ago I left my job in finance to join a ground level start up in the travel trade space. Safe to say that decision is being tested right about now lol. The mass hysteria ensuing across the country is unprecedented and hard to grasp, my industry in particular has all but stopped functioning. Curious as to how some of you are being effected? Also, if anyone with actual knowledge of the virus would like to shed some light, by all means ..  

I will start working from home beginning next week, and have heard rumors from those in the know that NYC will go into a full blown lockdown/Quarantine  this weekend.  Personally, I haven't bought into the dramatics but do expect things to get worse before they get better. 

I'm curious if those rumors end up becoming true. I just got back from the Trader Joe's on Court Street after the one in Jay MetroTech had a line out into the street. Supermarkets are crazy right now with nothing in them.

I think its a slight over-reaction but crazy nonetheless

19 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I'm curious if those rumors end up becoming true. I just got back from the Trader Joe's on Court Street after the one in Jay MetroTech had a line out into the street. Supermarkets are crazy right now with nothing in them.

I think its a slight over-reaction but crazy nonetheless

Same over here. No pasta, rice, toilet rolls etc. In Italy it’s lockdown only for certain pharmacy’s and food stores. Very strange time. Stay safe everyone 🙌🏼

Down here in Australia we're a little behind you guys.

You can't buy toilet paper, hand sanitiser, antibacterial soap, rice, or pasta in the supermarkets, or anywhere. Most other things are okay for now though.

More and more businesses are strongly encouraging people to work from home and cancel meetings, especially with external companies.

Public events are starting to be cancelled. The Royal Easter Show, which occurs, as you'd guess, around Easter time each year was just cancelled. It's only the third time in over 200 years that it's been cancelled, with the other two being due to the Spanish Flu and the Great Depression.

There's an air of unease and uncertainty across the entire city/country/world that I've never seen before. I'm wondering if there's anything that the older FF members might compare it to? Maybe the height of the cold war?

I may be a little older than most on this board.  Was around during the Vietnam war although a child.  I do not remember anything like this.  Maybe the gas shortage of the 70's, but that was just fuel.  Just remember, panic is the fastest spreading disease.  I heard yesterday our Governor here in PA closed the schools for two weeks.  Went to supermarket to get a couple of items and I was surprised at the volume of people and the empty shelves (I did get the last whole chicken, though). 

By the way, does anyone work for a company with a job opening for a polymer chemist with managerial experience?  I was laid off in January.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

I may be a little older than most on this board.  Was around during the Vietnam war although a child.  I do not remember anything like this.  Maybe the gas shortage of the 70's, but that was just fuel.  Just remember, panic is the fastest spreading disease.  I heard yesterday our Governor here in PA closed the schools for two weeks.  Went to supermarket to get a couple of items and I was surprised at the volume of people and the empty shelves (I did get the last whole chicken, though). 

By the way, does anyone work for a company with a job opening for a polymer chemist with managerial experience?  I was laid off in January.

Ya everyone keeps complaining about the toilet paper. Which is self done. People start mass buying and then there’s shortage, so everyone feels they have to. When the root is just people not thinking logically. Lost goes on and on after toilet paper. Bc the demand then becomes unreasonable.

My work the Us Treasury Dept. Sometimes Is hiring chemists. Ill keep you updated If and opening pops up

• Like 1