FA WR Sammy Watkins: Your Team Interested? How Much $?

G08

20 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I see him going back to the rams , there young and he can be better next year .

I'm not so sure I do... he's got that WR1 dawg inside of him, he doesn't want to be 5th on this team in touches.

3 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

according to adam schefter sammy will move on.

so mcvay needs another plan.

ESPNLosAngeles

@ESPNLosAngeles
Follow Follow @ESPNLosAngeles

“My sense is that Sammy Watkins will be moving on…I don’t see the market is going to be strong enough for him that he’s not going to be back there but we will see how this works out.”

- @AdamSchefter on Sammy Watkins

I think it'd be interesting to see if the news on going all-in on Robinson may not be a smokescreen to go for Watkins first.

If I'm a betting man, I'm thinking the Bears are going to pay him a lot, and then compliment him with someone like Terrelle Pryor on the other side on a cheap one year deal. Then I could see Tyler Eifert join up on a similar team friendly deal.

I think the goal is (or should be) to surround Mitch Trubisky with as many athletic playmakers as possible. Watkins would absolutely fall into that mold. 

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If I'm a betting man, I'm thinking the Bears are going to pay him a lot, and then compliment him with someone like Terrelle Pryor on the other side on a cheap one year deal. Then I could see Tyler Eifert join up on a similar team friendly deal.

I think the goal is (or should be) to surround Mitch Trubisky with as many athletic playmakers as possible. Watkins would absolutely fall into that mold. 

I think Albert Wilson is just about a lock to join Nagy in Chicago... he'll be in the slot mostly but the kid can play outside as well.

Pace likely wants to give Kevin White one last shot to save face, but IMO he cannot enter the 2018 season as anything greater than WR4.

Cameron Meredith should be returning as well (solid in the slot).

My guess:

X - Watkins

Z - Wilson

Slot - Meredith

Depth - White, rookie, Inman

Brad Biggs:

Multiple sources say the Bears have identified the Rams’ Sammy Watkins as their top target at arguably their greatest position of need — wide receiver. Watkins, the fourth overall pick in the 2014 draft by the Bills, has averaged 15.9 yards per catch in his career. For the sake of comparison, that’s more than a yard better than former Bear Alshon Jeffery.

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

Brad Biggs:

Multiple sources say the Bears have identified the Rams’ Sammy Watkins as their top target at arguably their greatest position of need — wide receiver. Watkins, the fourth overall pick in the 2014 draft by the Bills, has averaged 15.9 yards per catch in his career. For the sake of comparison, that’s more than a yard better than former Bear Alshon Jeffery.

He wants to reunite with Marrone according to my sources.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I would be shocked if Pace signs Watkins. His MO in FA has been targeting more mid to lower level talent at WR.

Watkins isn't the #1 WR in this free agency, and another thing that we've learned is that free agents overlooked the Bears over past few seasons because of fears that Fox wouldnt be there and there wasn't a solution at QB.  Now the bears extended Pace, he got to hire his top HC prospect, and they drafted a QB #2 overall and he looked great at times.  This will be a much more appealing landing zone.  That CB who chose Jax last year said the Bears offered him the most money, so don't be surprised if they offer a few players a lot of money as well.

Archived