FA WR Sammy Watkins: Your Team Interested? How Much $?

G08

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

Are your sources actual sources, or are they your own personal hopes?  (not disputing you, just not positive  whether its meant to mean you really want him)

Own personal hopes. lol

We (Jaguars) are interested in him. Marrone has always spoke highly of Sammy. So I hope the Marrone connection and wanting to play close to home, intrigues him.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Own personal hopes. lol

We (Jaguars) are interested in him. Marrone has always spoke highly of Sammy. So I hope the Marrone connection and wanting to play close to home, intrigues him.

Ahh thanks for clarifying.  Have you heard much about Allen Robinson's leanings from jags beat writers?

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Ahh thanks for clarifying.  Have you heard much about Allen Robinson's leanings from jags beat writers?

Nope. From his interview on NFL Network earlier, I get the vibe he won’t be back in Jax. Probably why they turned their attention to Watkins. 

Earlier I heard Peter Schrager (sp?) mention you guys and Rap brought up the Packers.

I am sure we will hear a lot more tomorrow.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Watkins isn't the #1 WR in this free agency, and another thing that we've learned is that free agents overlooked the Bears over past few seasons because of fears that Fox wouldnt be there and there wasn't a solution at QB.  Now the bears extended Pace, he got to hire his top HC prospect, and they drafted a QB #2 overall and he looked great at times.  This will be a much more appealing landing zone.  That CB who chose Jax last year said the Bears offered him the most money, so don't be surprised if they offer a few players a lot of money as well.

I agree that the situation is more appealing to players now than it was a year ago and I too also expect Pace to be very active in FA(*cough* Tru). That said, Watkins being #2 or 3 instead of the best in a relatively weak class doesn't really change things a whole lot. I'm glad to hear that Pace is atleast looking into Watkins and RObinson but I'm still skeptical on whether or not he can still lure either of them &/or actually pull the trigger based on his history thus far. Maybe you are right and his approach to FA will change this this year but it's hard to believe until I see it.

With that said, I would not be mad one bit if we did NOT get neither Watkins or Robinson. As much as I want the FO to get Trubisky some help, this FA class is not the year to do it. Landry was a bad fit and too expensive. Watkins has 5? years of injury issues (4 of which are on the same left foot in the last 3 years) and Robinson is coming off an level 3 complete ACL tear. 

All of this is just poor timing. We got a QB that has shown promise(albeit limited) with a future and not much help for him on the outside during a down year for the FA market. This is why, for the first time that I can remember, I would not be upset if Pace even takes a reach in the draft at #8 for Ridley and target a later rounder in a pretty deep 2nd and 3rd tier draft class. Obtaining a Tevon or Wilson added into the mix - two WR's that actually fit his recent FA tendencies - would also be ideal, imo.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, bzane said:

One needs to look no further than the Ewing Theory which explains the mystery of how teams can find success after losing a star player. 

This article is prescient

This article originally ran on May 9, 2001.

Currently, who are some possible Ewing Theory candidates?

All right, I'll bite. Remember, we're targeting stars on teams that haven't won anything, as well as teams that would probably be written off without the stars we're about to mention:

•  

52 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I heard tell of Watkins going to Green Bay.

Would make sense.

He'd be the number 1. Plus, Rodgers throwing to him would thrust his name back in the limelight more.

Doesn't make sense since they Jordy,Cobb, Watkins all under contract.... Jordy might be done but unless they cut him it doesn't make a ton of sense for them to sign Watkins. 

Archived