• Nick Perry
    • Clay Matthews
    • Davon House
    • Jordy Nelson
    • David Bakhtiari
    • Martellus Bennet
    • Other

Wanted to get some discussion going.

I'm going to make a new topic of this every few days (going from #2 down to 25 probably) and we'll go down the list and hopefully get a ranking of the 25 most important guys or so. I'd like to get a consensus on where you guys rank our players. 

Who is the second most important player on the Packers? The guy who it would be most devastating to lose to injury. 

#1 is Aaron Rodgers

I think Rodgers would survive and manage to make plays with Bulaga moved over to left tackle and Spriggs playing right tackle.  I don't think our offense would survive too well without Jordy.  I think right now, to this team, considering everything, Jordy Nelson is the second most important, at least on offense, considering who would fill in for whom. 

I still think Perry/Daniels/House/Clinton-Dix and maybe even Matthews health are more important THIS SEASON to our long term success than anybody other than Rodgers. 

I picked Daniels because he appears to be the undisputed leader of the defense and if we want to be in Minneapolis this February our defense has to be better than it was last year.  He seems to set the tone, so to speak.

Just now, Pugger said:

I picked Daniels because he appears to be the undisputed leader of the defense and if we want to be in Minneapolis this February our defense has to be better than it was last year.  He seems to set the tone, so to speak.

I agree with this, although I think RJF is a very nice insurance policy for Daniels.  He's had a very underrated career, and I think he'll turn out to be a very nice free agent addition for us. 

Out of all our most important players, I think the only three that don't have "good enough" depth behind them in order to call them our second most important player for this season are Matthews, Perry, Nelson. 

Call me crazy, but I think with 3 years in his pocket now and confidence gushing, Davante would be able to step in as a serviceable #1. If for whatever reason we were to lose Jordy again the way we did in 2015, I don't think we would run into the same issue where our offense is just stagnant and can't move the ball. Everyone points to Jordy as the excuse for our poor offense that season, but in reality Rodgers was pretty bad.

TO me....after Rodgers, it is all about the defense.   The offense if one of the WR go down has better depth overall.   2015 was a younger Adams and both he and Cobb were injured the bulk of the year as well.    The OL has depth, as good as Bahk is, Bulaga or Spriggs should be able to keep things afloat.

As for the defense, I voted Nick Perry 1st, but could really make a case for Daniels, Matthews, Ha Ha and even House.

Mike Daniels isn't talented enough to be the 2nd most important player.  He's probably the most overrated player on this board.

Gimme Perry and Matthews before either of Bak and Daniels.  Rodgers would be really really good without Bak.

Archived