The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

37 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

At least it's a show with stakes.  Quill was an eminently likable character and he died protecting the child, that'll get the emotions going.  I hope he stays dead and wasn't just knocked out or something, because like I said, there has to be stakes, even if you know Mando likely isn't dying.

Agreed. I didn’t like it but it does make the show better.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

At least it's a show with stakes.  Quill was an eminently likable character and he died protecting the child, that'll get the emotions going.  I hope he stays dead and wasn't just knocked out or something, because like I said, there has to be stakes, even if you know Mando likely isn't dying.

I think he was smoking pretty good as if from a blaster shot, but might need to rewatch to confirm

13 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

That and I think it was to show IF the bad guys get him he’s still impressionable 

Nah they'll kill him and clone him so they can have their own personal army of baby yodas.

How the hell cloning would work on a species that at age 50 is still basically a toddler is beyond me but Star wars logic so screw it. 

6 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Nah they'll kill him and clone him so they can have their own personal army of baby yodas.

How the hell cloning would work on a species that at age 50 is still basically a toddler is beyond me but Star wars logic so screw it. 

They've already established they can speed up the aging of clones with Jango Fett and the clone troopers

15 hours ago, drd23 said:

They've already established they can speed up the aging of clones with Jango Fett and the clone troopers

i mean yeah but that's human cloning, There have been like 3 confirmed of Yoda's species in the canon and we know the names of two of them. 

15 hours ago, drd23 said:

If I recall that was something specifically done to the clone army, at least in Legends.  In the Republic/Imperial Commando storyline, they attempted to find a Kaminoan to help them reverse it (them being the clones who deserted and went to Mandalore) 

Awesome season finale. Several loose thoughts just after seeing it.

SPOILERS

IG is the 3rd best droid character in all of Star Wars behind only R2D2 and C3PO. The interactions between it and Dinn in the second half of the episode were on point.  Fantastic storytelling by Favreau and Waititi to make the viewer care that much about IG as it sacrifices itself.  The rampage to bust back into town and help the crew was awesome.

The opening sequence with the 2 troopers was hilarious.  That was definitely some heavy influence by TW.

Was positive their weren't going to kill off Moff Gideon and I was right, but it was absolutely the right call.  He's a bad guy you can build on. The dark sabre at the end was a nice touch too.  Giancarlo Esposito is a nice get for this series 

I hope we still get more of Carl Weathers and Gina Carano in season 2.  I thought they were developed nicely this season as supporting characters.  Dinn can still use that planet as a home base.

Love love love that they stuck to their guns and Kwill is dead.  Like I said before, Stakes are an important factor of any show.  He was a good character, but he served his purpose.

In season 2 they need to not have quite so much filler in the middle episodes.  Episodes 1,2,3,7,and 8 are super strong, but there was definitely a lull in 4,5,6.

Fantastic voice work from Pedro Pascal this season.  Excellent choice to lead this series.

The remaining Mandalorian taking out those Storm Troopers with her smithing tools was everything I wanted it to be whe I saw her kneeling there.   Another character that needs to stick around.  That stormtrooper melting into the furnace!

Dinn and Baby Yoda being a clan of 2 was a nice touch.  This is the way.

Super pumped for season 2.

• Like 4

The last 2 episodes were easily the best of the season. It made the earlier episodes REALLY feel bad because almost none of them impacted the storyline (especially episode 7, like wtf even was that?).

Overall the season started very slow, had some good moments but the finale made the entire season feel worth it. I can't WAIT for season 2 just because of that.